I swallowed the little-to-nothing ego I had left and said, "Well, if it's any consolation, I'm not too into all that."

He grinned wide, "You know what the best part is? You don't look like you even care at all."

"Or maybe," I said, silently motioning the bartender to hit us with two shots. "I'm just a very good actress."

He pursed his lips and leaned against the counter. I breathed in his spicy yet airy scent that made me a bit lightheaded. I'm a sucker for a guy that smelled delicious. It helped that he looked just as scrumptious. He was wearing slim fit dress pants and patent oxfords that couldn't have been less that $700. This guy was prettier than most of the girls in this club.

"If that's the case then I guess I should buy myself a quick acting class," He flashed a hand and asked the bartender for two shots, but he was already sliding two in front of us.

The bartender cocked his head at me.

"One step ahead of you," I laughed. He seemed taken aback, but quickly recovered by grabbing the shot glass and raised it to my face level. I noticed a number '4' tattooed on his right index finger that sat at the tip of the glass. When he followed my gaze, he raised the finger and touched my shot glass.

"Cheers," I looked back to his eyes, giving him what he wanted. We downed our shots. More flames burst in my chest but I brushed it off.

"Ah," He exhaled.

"That's a fancy suit you've got there," The alcohol said through my mouth.

He glanced down and turned his gaze back to me with a crooked smile. "I hate to sound cocky, but I recently just got promoted. This was a celebration gift to myself."

I nodded. So, he was loaded. "Well, you certainly wear it well."

Did I just say 'well' twice in the same sentence?

I mentally kicked myself in the face.

He cleared his throat before saying, "Now, what is a pretty lady doing alone at the hottest club in town?"

The mixture of his corny come on and the effect from the tequila had me bursting with loud laughter. From someone as slick as he looked, I wasn't expecting such a bad pick up line. "Is that the best you've got?"

He appeared shocked when I started slapping the bar counter, almost out of breath, but to my relief he began to laugh along. Though I couldn't stop the flames roaring in my chest, in my mind I was panicking hoping that he wasn't offended. I haven't dated in almost a year - I'm rusty. And truth be told, it was hard finding someone to help you get back into the swing of things. Most guys only wanted one thing.

Maybe tonight, I did too. I hadn't touched a guy, flirted with a guy, or even thought of looking at another man that wasn't Matt in a long time. But now, I'm in New York City and anything was possible - including a hot guy throwing me a crappy pick up line. I had to bite whatever bone I was thrown.

I crossed my legs, hoping he'd see how they shined against the light, as a result of smartly choosing to shave them. Maybe even be tempted to brush a hand on it.

"You're right, that was a bit too corny," He finished laughing. He ran a hand through his hair and I wanted to crawl into a cave. God, he was beautiful. "How about we start that again? I'm Nate."

I abruptly stopped through a fit of giggles and nervously held out my hand, focusing on not letting is shake. "I'm-"

Then I stopped. Do I give him my real name? What if this guy turns out to be a serial killer? What if he drops a ruffie into my drink?