The worst real date that turned into the best fake date

(A story you've all heard before)

Castle checked his phone again. He sighed. It was official. His date had stood him up. 2 hours?! No logical person is 2 hours late. he sighed, and forced a smile at the waiter, who just looked at him. Cas suddenly felt a kiss on his cheek. He looked up, starled. a pair of piercing green eyes locked with his.

"Sorry babe, traffic was crazy." The stranger said. Cas opened his mouth to ask what the hell was happening, when the man whispered into his ear.

"I'm Dean. The guy who stood you up is a huge douche, you seem way to sweet for that. Just go with it."

Cas nodded and called the waiter over to order.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Wait you what?!" Cas yelled, laughing.

"I kid you not, I locked myself in the impla and refused to get out, until dad said he'd give it to me once I was old enough." Dean laughed, arm around Cas, as they walked down the street.

"And you were eight?!"

"Yep, and at one point I locked my brother in there with me."

"Thats so cruel! Your brother was 4!" Cas cried indignantly.

"Yeah he was so gullible!" Dean defended. Cas burst out laughing again.

"Well this is my place." Cas sighed.

"Can I maybe have your number?" Dean asked, smirking.

"Y-Yeah, here." Cas responed, fumbling for his phone.

<><><><><><><><>

Cas woke up and reached for his flashing phone, albeit groggily. Unlocking it, he opened his voicemails.

"Hey Cas? Its Dean, from last night. I know it sounds desperate calling you not 12 hours after our date..can we call it that? Anyway, I just really like you. Maybe we could see each other again, this evening. call me when you get this, bye!"

He smiled. At least it wasn't a fluke. Rubbing his eyes, he called Dean back.

"Mpmh"

"Uh, sorry? This is Dean, right? It's Cas. From last night?"

"Oh right Cas! Sorry, I was eating pie. Love me some pie."

"I'll remember that. So.. you wanted to see each other again....?"

"Yeah..."

"I would love to. Wait! Was that to eager?! Was love the wrong word?! I'm sorry-"

"Woah, woah, Cas slow down. It's totally fine. What time works best for you? "

"Uhh, anytime after 5?"

"Alright. I'll pick you up at 5:30 and we can go to the fairground?"

"Sounds great."

"Alright, see you then."

Cas hung up, and an uncontroble smile spread across his face.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Dean?" Cas asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?" Dean respond, turning to face Cas. Cas looked down.

"Are....Are we.....Are we together? Like, boyfriends?" Cas's eyes flicked up to dean's, and flicked back to the ground. He rocked back and forth on his feet. Dean used two fingers to lift  Cas's chin up. Green eyes met blue and Cas shivered at the insentity of the glare. Was that not the right thing to say?

Dean leaned forward and captured Cas's lips with him. Their lips melded and moved together like they were made for each other. Dean swiped his tongue over Cas's bottom lip, and Cas opens his mouth greedily. Deans tongue explored Cas's mouth, relishing the sounds coming from the blue eyed beauty. They broke apart, albeit reluctantly.

"Does that answer your question?" Dean smirked.

"No." Cas laughed.

"Well then yes. Yes I will be your boyfriend." Dean chuckled. Cas grinned.

"Shall we go back to mine? I've got ice cream and sherlock." Dean nudged Cas. Cas laughed again.

"Sounds good." Cas leaned his head on Deans shoulder and Dean leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"Vanilla?" Cas asked.

"With sprinkles." Dean agreed.

Ack, day late, I know! Sorry 😬 I had no idea where I was going with this one. I do kinda like it though. *shrugs* Stay wonderful and always keep fighting! Goodbye my silver nuggets!!