#6 Work They Say

Your POV

Ariana and I got in the studio a few hours ago and I just finished recording Soledad.

"That was great, Y/N." Ari said, engulfing me in a hug. I chuckled at her cuteness.

"You're so cute, thank you by the way." I said and then the door bursted open and Scooter got in.

"Good, you guys are here. I need to tell you two something." He said and sat down on the couch.

"Hi to you too, Scoot." I said and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, listen up." He said.

"Okay, okay, chill." I said and sat down in front of him with a free stool. Ari went to his side and sat down next to him.

"Okay, what is it?" She asked.

"As much as I hate to do this, I just have to. So, Y/N, Ari, you both will be doing a publicity stunt. As a couple." He said and then sighed.

"W-what?" I asked bluntly.

"Scoot?! What the hell?!" Ari screeched.

"I'm sorry to break it down to you this way and I know your guys relationship is like a great sisterhood. I'm so sorry. And I don't know when will this stunt end. I'm sorry, ladies." He said.

"But why?" I asked.

"As you know, you're working on your second album. And the company is afraid that it won't sell as much as your first because your career died down for three years. And they thought it would be a good idea if you do this with Ari because she's already famous. So people would notice you back and you know the rest." He explained.

"I-I.."

"Y/N, you don't need to agree to this if you feel uncomfortable with it." Ari said.

"I'll do it." I blurted.

"Good, now I'm good to go. See you, ladies." Scooter said and scattered out from the studio. "Oh, and you both need to do the stunt starting from today." His head popped from the door while saying it and then went off again.

"What are you thinking now, Y/N?" She asked.

"He's right, Ari. If I want this career and doing this stunt with you helps it, then I'll do it. Even though I'm not so sure about it." I whispered the last sentence so Ari wouldn't hear it.

"Fine, but just tell me if you feel uncomfortable, okay?" And I nodded, she didn't hear it.

"Well, I guess I'm gonna record one more song and we're off for the day." I said and smiled.

"Alrighty. Let's do this." Ari uttered.

Mhm, yeah
Do do do do do do do do
Oh, yeah

Gotta change my answering machine
Now that I'm alone
'Cause right now it says that
We can't come to the phone
And I know it makes no sense
'Cause you walked out the door
But it's the only way I hear your voice anymore
It's ridiculous, it's been *years
For some reason
I just can't get over us
And I'm stronger than this
Enough is enough
No more walking around with my head down
I'm so over being blue crying over you

'Cause I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing you were still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs
So sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?

Gotta fix that calendar I have
That's marked July 15th
Because since there's no more you
No more anniversary
I'm so fed up with my thoughts of you
And your memory
And how every song reminds me of what used to be