Chapter 1

* * * * * *

Huh? Where am I? What is this place?

Hmm? Who are you? Why do you look so... sad?

Is something wrong? Why are you crying?

Don't cry.

Don't look at me like that.

Please.

Don't cry.

A buzzing sound.

Ah.

What is this? Why am I covered in... red?

Did you do this to me?

Or...

Did I do this to myself instead?

The sound buzzed again.

The sound changed to a chime. The wind breezed through the windows that were left opened overnight. A gentle breeze that was neither too hot nor too cold.

'Hakyeon-ah! Wake up already! You're going to be late if you don't get up now!' A woman's voice could be heard from downstairs. Calling for him.

The half asleep boy, who was still caught up in his dream, rubbed his eyes to wake up to the sound of his beloved mother.

'Coming!' He replied, trying to bring his voice out.

Hakyeon went downstairs, tired and barely awaken. He tried to look outside the window as he passed by the living room but the morning sun blinded him too much for him to keep his eyes opened for long. He looked up at the ceiling several times to fix his visions and finally let out a lazy stretch.

Another day, another morning.

As told, he made his way downstairs to greet his mother.

'Morning mom!' Hakyeon smiled brightly as he could but still, he let out a yawn.

'Gosh. Look at you. Never have enough sleep do you? What were you doing all night?'

'Nothing much. What's for breakfast?'

'Eggs and toast as per usual. Do you want milk or juice today?'

'Juice is fine. I think I need some sugar to wake me up.'

Hakyeon and his mother sat across one another at the dining table. Hakyeon slowly chewing down his food as if he had all the time in the world.

'Shouldn't you be eating a bit faster? Don't you have an opening ceremony for school this morning?'

'It's okay. The ceremony is optional to attend to and I'll probably fall asleep if I went anyways.'

'Were you sketching again last night?'

Hakyeon nodded. His mother knew him well.

'Well eat up and get changed. It's okay not to go to the ceremony but you don't want to be late for your first day of class as well.'

'Got it.'

Hakyeon and his mother ran a small boutique in the city of Brampton. The business itself was quite a fresh one amongst the city and not many really knew of its existence besides those in the same district. His mother had an interest in the field since she was young and Hakyeon grew fond of it as well while watching her cultivate every plant and flower at home while growing up. They often got orders for events and festivals as well as regular customers who lived nearby. The city was large but those that lived close were like family. Brampton was divided into several sub-districts compared to many other nearby towns or cities.