Lewis Carroll

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."

~

"Always speak the truth, think before you speak, and write it down afterwards."

~

"When you are describing, a shape, a sound, a tint; don't state the matter plainly, but put it in a hint; and learn to look at all things, with a sort of mental squint."

~

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."

~

"Here is a golden rule to begin with. Write legibly. The average temper of the human race would be perceptibly sweetened, if everybody obeyed this rule! A great deal of the bad writing in the world comes simply from writing too quickly."

~

"For first you write a sentence, and then you chop it small; then mix the bits and sort them out just as they chance to fall; the order of the phrases makes no difference at all."

~

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop."

~

"I can't go back to yesterday – because I was a different person then."

~

"Every adventure requires a first step."

~

"I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours."

~

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

~

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants some magical solution to their problem and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

~

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get."

~

"Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well."

~

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense."

~

"Why is a raven like a writing-desk?"

~

"Words mean more than we mean to express when we use them: so a whole book ought to mean a great deal more than the writer meant."

~