Stephen King

"If you want to be a writer, you MUST do two things ABOVE all others: READ a lot and WRITE a lot."

~

"Write a page a day, only 300 words, and in a year you have written a novel."

~

"If you don't have time to read, you don't have time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that."

~

"Stopping a piece of work just because it's hard either emotionally or imaginatively is a BAD idea. Sometimes you have to go on when you don't feel like it and sometimes you're doing good work when it feels like all you're managing to do is shovel shit from a sitting position."

~

"Writing isn't about making money, getting famous, getting dated, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it's about enriching the lives of those who will read your work and enriching your own life, as well. It's about getting up, getting well and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy."

~

"It is possible, with lots of hard work, dedication, and timely help, to make a good writer out of a merely competent one."

~

"Writing is a lonely job.
Having someone who believes in you makes a lot of difference."

~

"Certain words are edible; they nourish."

~

"I write because it fulfills me. I do it for the pure joy of the thing and if you can do it for the joy; you can do it forever."