54. Archery & Anarchy

Start from the beginning

My hair was tied up in a tight ponytail and I had a light dusting of makeup on my skin although the winged eyeliner made it seem far more glamorous than it actually was. My lips were painted a healthy pink and my cheeks flushed, but not from having applied any blush.

My clothing style was actually a little out-dated, but it made me feel comfortable, and judging by look in Zuerien's eyes, he approved.

I lowered my gaze unable to hold his intense one, my heart involuntarily picking up pace and a smile playing on my lips. In all my time knowing Zuerien, if there was any one thing I had realized, it was that he had never been ashamed of me, not ever.

Not by the fact that I was weak, not by the fact that I was human, not even by the fact that I was a walking talking disaster just waiting to happen.

No matter how badly I messed up and no matter how stupidly or recklessly I acted, he was never ashamed of me. Not once. He had accepted me for who I was, always, and today I wanted to make him proud.

I wanted to make Zuerien proud to have me as his Luna.

As I made my way towards the Archery field, feeling far more self assured than I ever had before, the silence around me was finally interrupted by what sounded like the movement of a thousand bodies in complete unison.

And when I turned my head to look around, my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when I saw that every head in the Game Grounds was bowed deeply in respect...to me!

I stopped in my tracks abruptly, not knowing what to do. Not only was I stunned beyond belief by this response, I had never been in a position like this before and I didn't know the protocol that needed to be followed in such a situation.

On reflex, my eyes immediately sought out my mate and found him now standing on the edge of the podium. His powerful body stood tall and strong, his handsome face sporting a confident smirk.

He knew I had no idea what to do right now.

I scrunched up my face in a silent plea, asking him to do something about this whole bowing- respecting-not talking thing that was going on. His smirked and he gave me a subtle nod before raising his head and calling out authoritatively,

"Rise"

All heads rose in complete unison, all gazes once again directed right at me.

"Be seated", he commanded and everyone immediately took their seats. They were so in sync that it was like watching the National Day parade.

I let out a small breath of relief before smiling gratefully at Zuerien whose gaze had once again returned to me. Beside him, Cole smiled at me warmly and Marco wiggled his eyebrows suggestively- his way of silently complimenting my appearance.

Grinning and giving them an acknowledging head nod, I let my gaze linger on my Zuerien for a second longer before quickly making my way to where the Women's Archery event participants had all gathered. I was still quite aware of everyone's eyes on me, but hopefully that would stop soon when the event officially began.

The minute I walked up to them, all the participants tensed.

"Luna", they said in unison, bowing their heads to me once again.

"Oh", I said, surprised by their synchronous greeting.

It was something I had seen people do to Zuerien numerous times before, but I certainly was not used to it.

"Hello", I smiled brightly at them, "I'm Suzzanah"

They all exchanged glances before nodding, "We know, Luna"