44. Sister Situations

I know it's late but, EID MUBARAK to all my dear Muslim Readers! I hope you had a blessed day!

Dedicated to Ronika001 for your wonderful votes, comments and enthusiasm towards this story. Thank you hon!

A huge shout-out to TIGERDUM_BOW for all the amazing support you have been and still are showing the story. I'm overwhelmed, thank you!

PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

"Please Zuerien!"

"No sweetheart"

"Pleeeaaaseee"

"Suzzanah, no"

I slumped against the large fluffy pillow behind me and groaned, "But I feel absolutely fine", I whined, "Please let me go practice"

Zuerien gave me a blank look from where he was standing next to the window, drawing the curtains closed.

"You seriously expect me to let you go practice archery in your current condition?" he asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Yes!" I replied, "The archery event is scheduled for tomorrow! I'll need the practice if I'm going to participate", I told him.

"That's right", he replied, walking back to my bedside and sitting down next to me, "If you're going to participate, which you're not, so-"

"What?!" I cried out in disbelief, "But you said I could participate!"

"That was before you had your soul sucked out of your body"

"Well its back now, isn't it?"

"Still, no"

"Zueri-"

"Go to sleep, sweetheart", he cut me off, hugging me close and kissing my forehead, "You need to rest"

I looked up at him wearily, "Zuerien, I'm tired of resting", I told him.

He snorted, "Tired of resting? That sentence is fundamentally flawed", he told me.

I gave him a blank look and he sighed, "Suzzanah, I don't want you to exert yourself", he told me softly, "You may feel alright now, but having someone's soul leave their body is a really big deal, even for Prophecy! Why do you think her body shuts down like that every time she returns from a teleportation?"

He cupped my face with both his hands, "Your soul was gone an entire hour sweetheart", he told me gently, "For anyone other than Prophecy, that's...that's like certain..." he struggled to get the words out, but I knew what he was going to say even before he did.

"Like certain death", I said softly and his arms immediately came around me, encasing me in his warmth.

"You are an extremely brave and admirable woman", he told me, "But your body is still very delicate. You can't be reckless and push yourself too hard. You need to take care of yourself! You're...you're fragile Suzzanah"

I sighed and closed my eyes as he gently caressed my hair.

Fragile...

"Is it because I'm human?" I asked softly as I looked up at him, "Is that why you always worry so much?"