6. Kindness and Cruelty

A/N

Zuerien is pronounced 'Zue' like 'hue' but with a Z, and 'rien' like 'Ian' with an R in front of it. But that was probably the worst description in the history of all descriptions so I beg your pardon lol. You can go ahead and read it however you feel comfortable.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors
_______

Suzzanah's POV

Life had always had a twisted sense of humor when it came to me. Like the day I took my first steps in this world was the day my parents took their last. The first time I ever hit the target perfectly in archery practice was the last time I ever held a bow and arrow. And now, my first day at a job I had waited for all my life would most probably also be my last day at it. I didn't even know how I felt about that because right then, getting fired seemed like the least of my problems.

When I came out of my trance like state, and my blurred vision cleared, the first thing my eyes focused on was the extremely handsome CEO's face, which was now dripping with an emotion which could only be described as complete and utter shock.

Next to him, Mr.Penson and Master Cole wore similar horrified expressions as they stared at me with unblinking eyes.

I shivered involuntarily before my eyes went down to look at the now empty glass still held fast in the palm of my left hand which was limp by the side of my body.

Drip...drip...drip...

Cool water droplets slid down my forehead and the side of my face and I internally pleaded that it was only sweat. The cool, wet feeling spread to my chest and numb upper limbs.

More sweat?

My hair clung to my face, the edges of which dripped water down the front of my shirt.

There was no way I was sweating out of my hair...

Blurry vision + shocked bosses + empty glass of water + cold shivering soaked body = yesterday's wet dog version of me from when I got to the staff quarters...

"What the..." the CEO's shocked voice trailed off.

"heck", I completed in my mind as the impact of what I had just done hit me with full force.

I just doused my own face with water?!!

My eyes squeezed shut and I cringed so hard I felt like I turned into a prune.

But I don't even remember moving my hand!

I gulped before slowly opening my eyes and looked sheepishly at my three bosses who all looked like they had witnessed pigs flying and goats waltzing.

"Uh...I...uh...." What exactly should I have said? What could I have said after that preposterous stunt I had just pulled?

"I was....thirsty?" I squeaked out the last part of my line before wanting to die again. I did not just say that!

"Uh-huh..." Master Cole's unsure voice caused my eyes to move away from the CEO's bewildered face to his, "so what? You forgot to open your mouth when you threw that water at yourself?"

I crinkled my nose and my face 'prunified' itself even further, "something like that", I replied awkwardly before giggling nervously.

Drat! How am I going to get myself out of this one? And why am I standing here in the middle of the scary CEO's office, dripping wet like a popsicle on beach day?"

I briefly glanced at Mr. Penson expecting him to look extremely displeased and maybe even appalled, but instead found him looking intently at the glass in my hand as though it held some mesmerizing mystery within its glassy emptiness.