14. The Girl who Crossed Over

Dedicated to MrsAtia for your votes and constant support! It makes me so happy to know you like the story!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

_______

John Penson's POV

"This was a really bad idea!"

I shook my head at Beta Cole without looking up from antique manuscript that was spread on my table. He had repeated that line at least half a dozen times in the last 15 minutes as he paced my room worriedly. He was acting a little like Talon usually would and I wondered if he realized it.

My eyes scanned the document in front of me, admiring its intricate detail and lingering over the words that were deeply inked into its aged brown paper.

Werewolf Council Extraordinaire

My fingers grazed the title that was written in brilliant gold and outlined in rich black.

The Werewolf Council Extraordinaire otherwise called the High Council, consisted of six select members, Ministers to be precise, who were collectively responsible for governing the Werewolf Kingdom alongside the King and Queen. They were indispensable nobility, and although the King and Queen were the most supreme entities, the High Council consisted of select Ministers who assisted them in decision making, protecting and governing the Kingdom.

But lately, things have been working differently in the kingdom...

I could hear Cole still mumbling to himself as he wore holes in my carpet. I smiled as I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

Beta Cole Knightly was not a member of the High Council but was just as important as the Ministers, if not more. Unlike the High Council, he was not involved in decision making, but he did however govern highly important affairs in the Kingdom. He was second in command in The Royale Pack and was the King's right hand man.

My eyes drifted back down to the Grand titles listed on the old manuscript which could very much be one of the most important documents in werewolf history.

My gaze stilled on the first and foremost title and my eyes twinkled in admiration as I read the title of the leader of the High Council.

Alpha of Power

For the first time ever in werewolf history, the King was also a member of the High Council. And Alpha King Zuerien Kai Royale was by far the most powerful of the long line of Alphas before him who had borne the same title of Alpha of Power as he did today.

"If the King finds out, we'll be banished to the darkest depths of Tartarus!" Cole continued to mutter as my eyes trailed lower at the other five titles listed on the important manuscript.

Luna of Intercession

Alpha of Wisdom

Luna of Time

Alpha of Mazes

Luna of Hearts

Each Alpha of the Council was otherwise called an Alpha Extraordinaire while each Luna was called Luna Extraordinaire.

My eyes moved from the two Luna Extraordinaire titles which came first and last in the list and my heart suddenly felt heavy.

Things were indeed very different in the kingdom now...

Ever since the tragic massacre of the Royals 14 years ago, the Werewolf Kingdom had been ruled by the Alpha King Zuerien. And as if the burden on his young shoulders wasn't heavy enough already, he was also born an Alpha Extraordinaire, the Alpha of Power. The additional title only made his responsibilities more arduous and demanding.