I shuddered at the thought.  No matter how friendly parts of this place looked, I couldn't let it fool me.  It was all a disguise, a cover up from what was truly going on in this horrible place.

A middle aged man in an apron came up to take my order, and I asked for a bacon cheeseburger.  That was one good thing about being trapped in this place, I could order whatever I wanted, and it was FREE!

It's kind of sad that I'm thinking about free food in a time like this.

The food actually came really fast.  I was practically drooling as I lifted the cheeseburger to my mouth, but when it was about an inch away from my mouth, I felt it being ripped out of my hands.  "Hey!"  I protested to Tanner, but he told me to be quiet.

He glared at the cheeseburger suspiciously, and then turned to the waiter, who was fiddling with his tie nervously.  "You try it first."  Tanner commanded, his voice cold.  The poor waiter looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown.

"I don't think that will be necessary, sir."  He tried, his feeble.  Tanner was glaring him down, shooting daggers at him with his eyes.  The guy seriously looked like he was about to pee his pants.  Tanner had gotten up, and was walking closer to him, holding the cheeseburger out for the waiter.

"Come on."  Tanner urged.  "Just one little bite."

The waiter was backed against the wall now, his adam's apple moving up and down as he gulped.  Finally he snapped, holding his hands up in surrender.

"It wasn't my fault!  I didn't want to do it, but I was under orders, sir!"  He cried.  I sat there confused, watching the whole scene unfold in front of me.  Tanner was fuming.  "Whose orders?"  He demanded, clenching his teeth.

The waitor seemed afraid to answer, like he was fearing Tanner's reaction.  "Damion's."  Who the heck was Damion. 

Whoever he was, Tanner obviously didn't like him very much, because he was trying to control his breathing. "Nikki, come on.  We need to go."  He said, grabbing onto my arm.  His grip was surprisingly gentle, even though he was so mad.

"Tanner, tell me what's going on!"  I begged, refusing to move.  He sighed, and then pointed to the cheeseburger.  "You were about to eat enough poison to kill a full grown elephant."

My mouth dropped open, and I looked back at the cheeseburger that once looked so delicious.

I let Tanner lead me down several hallways, before we finally stopped in front of a medium sized door.  Not bothering to knock, Tanner threw the door open and stormed into the room.  "Damion, I am going to kill you!"  He shouted. 

The room was obviously a bedroom.  The walls were blood red, and all of the furniture in the room was black.  A person was sitting in the middle of the bed, facing away from us.  At the sound of Tanner's voice, he chuckled darkly.

"I see you found your little present."  He said, turning to face us.  My heart skipped a beat as I saw who it was.  "Trevor?"  I asked in surprise.

I had already known that he was working with Tanner, but that still didn't explain why Tanner had been calling him Damion.

"Nikki."  He replied, a smile on his face that I somehow knew was fake.  He walked towards me with outstretched arms.  "I hope I didn't do too much damage to you when I payed you that little visit in the bathroom.  I didn't mean to throw you down THAT hard."

I felt sick as I looked at him.  I knew that voice had sounded familiar, I just hadn't had time to really think about it.  From the gleam in his eyes, I could tell he wasn't sorry at all.

"Get away from her."  Snapped Tanner, stepping between us.  "Why did you do it?"  He asked Trevor, or Damion, or whoever he was.

"Oh, you're still upset about the whole cheeseburger deal?"  He asked, pouting a little.  "I'd think you know why I did it, Tanner.  She's already seen too much, and we're going to have to get rid of her sooner or later."

"That wasn't part of the deal." Tanner reminded him through gritted teeth.

"Actually, it was.  That deal was made when there was a use for her.  We thought she knew the Boss's location, which she obviously doesn't.  Besides, we found him already anyways."  Trevor/Damion said casually.

This caught Tanner's interest.  "Really?  Where is he?"  He asked curiously, momentarily forgetting about his anger.  Trevor's eyes narrowed.  "Sorry, but that is not for you to know.  You proved yourself untrustworthy about an hour ago, when you knocked out our own father.  He isn't too pleased about that, by the way."

Tanner's face paled, but I was too busy freaking out over what Trevor had just said.  OUR father?  So they were related too?

Trevor seemed to notice my shock.  "Oh yeah, we're brothers, by the way."  He said in a careless way, the same way you would say what you had for breakfast.  Tanner seemed annoyed by that.

"Half brothers."  He reminded Trevor in annoyance.  Trevor ignored him, and turned back to me.

"Well, this is your lucky day, Nikki.  Normally, since we already found out all that we need to know, you would just get killed.  Lucky for you, we still have a use for you."

I felt my hands starting to sweat, and I wiped them against my pants nervously.

"You see, we know where the Boss is, but that's still not enough.  He is very smart, and he knows how to keep us from getting to him.  What we need is a trap."

He smiled at me, a sick, evil smile, and I felt my breath catch in my throat.  I silently begged that he wouldn't say what I was thinking.

Too late. 

"You're the bait."