Chapter 4

Hey guys!  As usual, sorry for any grammer/spelling errors!  I try really hard to fix them, but I'm not perfect :)  By the way, I'm doing a vote challenge or whatever it's called, so please read the note at the end!

******************************************************************************************************

I opened my eyes groggily, and tried to remember where I was.  I jumped out of bed, looking around the room, and trying to figure out how it was familiar.  Then I saw Rose's red hair thrown over her pillow, and everything came rushing back to me.

The kidnapping, meeting Tanner, and figuring out that I was going to have to give up my old life so that I could go to a school for superheros (not that I was complaining about that last part!)

I walked over to the closet, and then stopped, realizing that I didn't have anything to wear.  I pulled it open anyway, figuring that maybe they had school uniforms in there, and my eyes popped open.

In the closet was all the clothes I had in my old house.  I looked around the room, and found that every possession I had ever owned was scattered around in different spots.

Wow, I wonder what the Chanels thought when random people came into their house and stole everything I owned.  Not that they would mind- they probably would've thought it was funny.

I pushed those thoughts away, and grabbed a lime green shirt and ripped up jeans.  After throwing them on and brushing my hair, I ran out into the hallway, knowing that it was already 6:55, and I still had no idea where the testing room where I was supposed to meet the Boss was.

Three minutes later, with two minutes to go, I still had no clue about where the room was.  By then, I was literally running through the hallway.

"I can't be late, I can't be late."  I muttered under my breath, over and over to myself.  Suddenly, I felt myself slip, and before I knew what was happening, I was flying towards the ground.

Dangit!  Only I could trip over my own feet like this!

Just as I was about to have a faceplant on the hard, marble floor, I felt somebody grab onto my arm, pulling me back up.

I looked up to thank my savior, and I came face to face with someone I could only describe as a nerd.

He had thick lensed glasses, hiding electric blue eyes.  He was a couple inched taller than me, so that's pretty short, because I'm barely 5ft tall.  But the thing that stood out most was his hair.  It was the typical mad scientist hairdo, large and frizzy and all poofy, and it was a light brown color.

"Hey, you must be the new kid.  My name's Slink."  he introduced himself, holding his hand out for me to shake.

I smiled at him, and shook his hand, relplying "Hi Slink!  Nice to meet you.  My name's Nicole, but everyone calls me Nikki."

"Cool!  So which class are you going to?  I can show you where it is."  he offered, and suddenly I felt my heart stop beating.

OH CRAP!  I completely forgot about meeting the Boss!

"Where's the testing room?"  I shouted frantically, running down the hallway and dragging Slink behind me.  He didn't question, he just told me "Go down this hallway, and then take a right.  The testing room is the second door on the left."

"Thank you!"  I hollered to him, as I ran down the hallway, leaving him behind.  I really felt bad about just running off, but hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I could have won a gold medal in the Olympics for how fast I ran right then, but even I knew I wasn't going to make it in time.  If only I had left sooner!