9. His Pistachio Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

YES GUYS, I HEARD YOU, BRANDON'S POV WILL BE PERMANENT <3 (was honestly surprised that everyone loved him so much! SO yay)

The swimming pool area was empty when I entered it the next day. I didn't really expect Tyler to show up here five in the morning. Waking up in the morning was easier said than done. Two weeks had been enough for me to understand that she wasn't the happiest person when her sleep was disturbed sooner than what was the lazy-person-schedule acceptable time.

We had promised to meet half an hour later, and my bet was that it would be another full hour before I saw any sign of her. I shrugged in tune with my thoughts. Though Liam had given me the keys to the swimming pool with a very suggestive wink, it was going to be a while before the very suggestive something happened. A sigh left my mouth. There was still a worry nagging me—in the form of Seth. He was a blabber mouth, selling rumors like cookies on Christmas, and the worrisome fact was that that he knew what we were up to today. If he didn't learn to shut up, the whole swimming team was going to hear about our early morning 'practices'. Our small welcome stunt for female members was already on its way to become a tradition in the team. Turning the swimming pool into a dating site next wasn't exactly the goal I had in mind.

"You're early." The sound of Tyler's laugh echoed in the empty space, and I halted between my warm up, turning towards her.

Five-twenty in the morning. Was I seeing a ghost? She was too put together to be one though. Her hair was pulled together into a ponytail, the shiny red curls bouncing with her steps, and she wore a tracksuit, probably from her freshmen days, enhancing her curves a little too much than what should be deemed appropriate. Well, I wasn't complaining.

"Your expression tells me you weren't expecting me."

I forced a laugh. "Umm, yeah." What was the point of lying? Anyone in my position would equate Tyler turning up early in the morning to a miracle in the first place.

"I proved you wrong then," she said, beaming at me. Her smile put my heart at ease, and as if automatically, I grinned back.

Things were settling down. I could feel it. The slight awkwardness in the air that had marred the distance between us before had dissipated today. I knew it was all Tyler's doing. She made everything seem so easy. Giving me slack and making up for my lack of initiative. We would have been stuck in the same cycle of push and pull if she hadn't taken a step forward. It was amazing how she could guess my feelings so well, and knew exactly when to stop and when to take the lead. What did I do to deserve her? The feeling of gratitude for her thoughtfulness warmed my insides.

Clearing my throat, I started, "So, shall we—" My words drowned out when I saw what she was doing.

"Huh?" Tyler paused and gave me a blank stare.