1. His Vanilla Ice-Cream

Brandon's POV

I scrolled through the photos, unable to keep my face straight and expressionless

I scrolled through the photos, unable to keep my face straight and expressionless. The colorful images in the gallery were a reminder of the good times we had shared back in Singapore. My eyes caught my reflection on the mirror across the room, and I shook my head at the excited expression along with the sheepish grin evident on my face.

Tyler had uploaded a handful of our photos on Facebook. I wouldn't admit it to her, but it did made me feel sort of happy about the whole ordeal. Like she was ready to share the news about our relationship with others. Not that she had talked about not sharing it, but still. It wouldn't have been an easy decision for her. Not with how idiotic  and irritating this school and its student were. A picture caught my eye, and I paused through my mindless scrolling.

It was a good shot.

Tyler and I stood together, our shoulders touching as we peered over the same bowl of some baking mixture. She had a cute pout on her face, her brows furrowed in concentration, and her red hair all over her face. What surprised me the most was my own expression. I wasn't looking into the bowl. My eyes were directed towards Tyler, watching her from the corner of my eyes with a small smile playing on my lips. I had never seen myself like that. I looked blissful. As if there was no place on Earth I had rather be than standing there with her. How was that possible? I used to whine and complain when my mother used to make me do useless tasks. Now, I'm actually enjoying doing them with Tyler? I shook my head at the twisted situation.

My thumb hovered over the 'like' button. Should I press it? Or maybe comment on the photo? Wait, will she think I was stalking her? This doesn't count as stalking, does it? It's not like I forced her to accept my friend request. The photos appeared on their own on my wall. Right! This is not stalking. I'm just browsing.

I should just close it...

But it's my photo, why can't I like it?

No, but she uploaded it an hour ago. I should wait at least a few hours. Maybe tomorrow morning? Or I can meet her tomorrow and feign ignorance. What if she's hurt that I didn't like it? But she hate stalkers too...

"Brandon!" The door to my hostel room banged open and I jumped, my thumb pressing the like button as I flinched. Panic shot through my stomach at the disaster and I hurried to un-like it when the other disaster became apparent. Seth. He barged into our room like a storm, giving me a weird contemplating look. He must have noticed something off, or out-of place (he detected these things like a magnet) because he immediately plopped down on the bed beside me. He stared at my phone. Copying my position, he laid on his back, and scooted closer, trying to sneak a look at the phone screen. "What are you doing?"

I snatched my phone away from his reach and turned it off. "None of your business."

"Mmm-hmm." He nodded like he knew exactly what I had been doing. Inching one finger up, he circled it on my shoulder in a weirdly erotic manner (who taught him these things?), scooted even closer and whispered in my ear, his eyebrows going up and down suggestively. "Missing your sweet dessert?"

His words crawled up my neck like a spider and I flinched away from him. I stood up, and tried to get as much distance between us as possible. Seth referring to Tyler as a dessert wasn't what bothered me more. The fact that he was bang on about his observation on how I missed her, made me feel transparent as shit. "Stop calling her that!"

He feigned ignorance. "Who?"

"Tyler!" I shouted.

"But I wasn't talking about her." He smirked like he had caught me doing something funny. "You missed the dinner time so I thought you'll be missing the food and dessert."

"What?" I took out my phone and looked at the time.

"Yup. I saw Tyler with my idiotic twin and Leo," Seth said, standing up and removing his shirt, before plopping back on the bed. "She was waiting for you."

Disappointment filled me. I had been waiting for Tyler to reach back to the hostel since morning. Why didn't she tell me she was back? I would have ran to the dining hall if I knew she was there! Why did I freaking forget to go for dinner anyways?

"Dude, are you okay? You're thinking too much."

"Shoes. Did you see my shoes?"

"What?" Seth stood up from the bed. "Where are you going? It's going to be curfew time in a few minutes."

"I'm going to the Forbidden Forest," I said in an irritated tone.

"Huh?"

"To Tyler, you idiot!" I stood up after shoving my foot in the shoes, and hopping over to the door. Half-running and half-tying my laces down the hallway, I heard Seth's footsteps behind me. I didn't bother to turn back.

"Dinner is already over! Ty will be back in the girl's dorm." I heard his distant laughter. "Good luck on not getting caught!"

I scoffed. If I knew him right, he was just waiting for me to get caught and get my ass whipped in detention. That couldn't happen though. I had to see Tyler. We hadn't seen each other for two freaking days. This thing between us was crazy. I couldn't define it. Not yet. But the time we had spent together in Singapore couldn't just be a one time thing, could it be? At least I hoped that Tyler felt the same.

Slowing down on my way across the yard that separated the two hostels, I saw the ice-cream vendor by the side of the building. I licked my lips. Maybe the ice-cream will win her over if she's upset? Making my mind to buy her the frozen dessert, I started walking towards the vendor. It was close to ten in the night now, and I knew if I didn't hurry, someone will spot me going towards the girl's hostel. "Can I have two ice-creams?"

I took out the money, thankful that my wallet was with me, and handed it to the man. He shrugged. "Which one?"

Choosing an ice-cream flavor was hard--choosing any flavor was hard--but I was short on time. So, I said the first thing that came into my mind. "Give me two vanilla cups."

"Date with your girlfriend?" The man smiled as he handed me the ice-cream.

Heat crept up my face, not quite familiar with the boyfriend-girlfriend thingy even though we had addressed each other like that in the competition last week. Does coming back home really changes our relationship? I didn't want to think about it. For now, I just wanted to see her. "Something like that."

"Stay safe." He winked and waved me off.

Clearing my throat, I took two steps at a time towards her hostel. Boys weren't allowed in the dorms, but everyone knew that was just a rule on the paper. I sneaked in towards the staircase and climbed up the stairs to the first floor. Room 107. Seeing no one out, I stepped towards her room, and with a deep breath in, knocked on the door.

Here we go.