7. His Bubblegum Ice-Cream

BRANDON'S POV

40 BEST PROPOSALS OF ALL TIME!

(Warning: You better be a millionaire to attempt any of those.)

Search history deleted.

SIX WAYS TO STEAL HER HEART: WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK

(feat. End up looking like an idiot)

Search history deleted.

www.facebook.com/tylermarie97/photos_all

My thumb pondered over the cross button as I read my search history. A sigh left my mouth. It was a wonder that I was still alive after all the articles that I had ended up reading. Cosmo or whatever those shitty sites were, really filled woman's mind with crap load of impossible stuff. How were we supposed to do all that? Even pets wouldn't be able to live in peace if they were made to fetch rings all the time.

"What are you doing?"

The voice startled me out of my inner rant. Tyler peered over me from the other end of the table, and like I was caught red-handed , I shut my phone at once, and placed it on my lap. Incognito browsing, next time, dude.

"What am I doing?" I repeated the question like those soft toys that mimicked whatever you said, and laughed to ease the tension. No one in the canteen was paying attention to us, I was sure of that. Yet, there was this vague suspicion in my head that if I opened my mouth, everyone will stare at us and I would do an incredible job of digging my own grave, and will make a bigger fool out of myself. The thought hurt my pride. Pushing the empty tray on the table away from me, I smiled at her. "I was having lunch."

She nodded slowly, her twinkling eyes dimming a notch at my senseless reply. Of course, I'll be having lunch in lunch break! Wanting to remedy the situation, but having no clue how, I only took her features in.

"About yesterday—" Her ears tinged red, and she stopped, letting her hair shield her face. My eyes struggled to find hers beneath the curtain. There was a slight hesitance about her today, and I could see her contemplating, the way she looked left and right, trying to say something but unable to do so.

Looks like, I'll have to help her out. I cleared my throat, and stood up, leaning across the table so that my face was a foot apart from hers. The hint of strawberry wafted from her, and inhaling the scent, I whispered, "What about yesterday?"

The blush on her face was unmistakable. I hadn't meant to ask it in that seductive way, but the result of our proximity and my whisper on her was pleasing. Smug after gaining back the upper hand, I took my seat, and placed my elbows on the table, rested my chin on my palms, and gazed up at her with expectation. She fidgeted under my stare, and tried to fan herself with her hands. A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips and I had the inexplicable urge to pull her cheeks at her cuteness and kiss her right there and then in the middle of the canteen.