6. Her Coconut Ice-Cream

A yawn escaped my mouth, and I hurried to cover my face with my hand before the sharp-eyed professor caught me and found another reason to send a student to detention. Believe me or not, he loved to abuse his authority and handed out detention tickets like they were on sale. Rebecca poked me in the ribs, and I swallowed my yelp, startled out of my zoned out mode and blinked to keep myself from dozing off again. Another poke followed and this time I hissed, but she simply pointed to the corner of my mouth. Drool, yikes, I wiped it off. She picked up her pencil and doodled at the end of her notebook.

'Didn't you sleep last night?'

I smiled at her question, and shuffled to the last page of my notebook. 'Nope.' I wrote back on mine.

She glanced over and scribbled again. 'Back with your Korean obsession?'

'Don't you dare judge me.'

'Have I ever?'

'Always, you liar.'

Rebecca pursed her lips to hide her smile. I gave her an affectionate pout and flipped my notebook back to the correct page, noticing the scribbled notes I had written in my half-asleep state. Only aliens would ever get what I wrote. I sighed. Instead of wasting my time watching dramas that did nothing than raise our expectations of men, I should have been doing my homework. ­Stupid feeble teenagers, weren't we?

The spring break was finished and I still hadn't written a single word of my assignment. Mysteries Of The World book where are you?

The bell rang as I mulled over more excuses that would help me out of the sticky situations in near future. The class emptied, and I wordlessly joined Rebecca out of the room. Hmm... Can I say I broke my wrist? Oh, wait, I was in a national television competition. A dog ate my assignment? I don't own one though. We were not allowed to study during the competition? Or maybe, four strangers occupied my house, and I got distracted by their chocolate abs? That sounds a little perverted...

"But I like the last option. Not that perverted." Rebecca nodded in understanding, and I stopped in my track, my eyes going wide. People shuffled ahead from all sides but I stared at her.

An awkward laugh escaped my lips, and I swallowed, "I was saying all that aloud..?"

She shook her head, her eyes filled with amusement and pity as she glanced over at me, picking up the pace once more. "Get some sleep, Ty. Maybe you should skip the school assembly right now?"

No one liked to attend the school assembly. Yet, everyone did because of the damn attendance. What was the point when not a single point was delivered across to the zombie population busy texting or sleeping? Useless rules. "Do you think I can? The principal was blabbering too much about the competition last time I went to his office."