l a s t n i g h t

LAST NIGHT

kth.

Taehyung took a look over the still sleeping town from the rooftop of his school. The sky was now greyish, soon to splash in the colors of the dawn. He waited patiently and ignored the shivers, climbing up his body, because of the cool wind.

The chocolate haired boy was wearing only a big white shirt. His legs soon began to shake and he had to sit down.

Humans are so fragile, he thought, even the cold air can beat us.

But that didn't matter anymore. Nothing did, in fact. And nothing will.

This life wasn't meant for Taehyung. He didn't see the point.

You study, until you can work and you work, until you can finally die.

Yes, there were some beautiful moments in between, but did they compensate for the awful and tragic circle humans have created, called life?

No, they didn't. Actually, nothing did.

The room, Taehyung was stuck in, was getting more and more meaningless within the years.

Humans were awfully dumb creatures.

They thought cultivation and developing of the world meant new technologies and bigger buildings.

When, in reality, development of the world logically would start with development of the human's body, mind and spirit; with them finding the path to their own selves.

But most people would call that hippie bullshit.

That's why this world was going down.

That's why Taehyung was leaving.

Just like many others.

Yes, the current state of the world could easily depress you. Fear, death, sadness, hate, money and stupid people were the factors that controlled everything.

It was miserable and pathetic.

The only way out of this room, filled with degradation, was the door.

But Taehyung was too far away from it. He didn't want to wait.

That's why he decided to make his way to it.

He should've done it sooner, but something stopped him.

Taehyung wanted to see what love feels like. The feeling so many people have described as the best thing in life.

Love never dies.

Love never ends.

Love is forever and always.

He chose Jeongguk as his lover. And little by little, he saw all the positive sides of love - not only the feel and the affection, but how you can leave a trace in some other human.

A trace, not made, because you did something great, but because that person simply loves you and decides to let you mark their heart with your name.

But that wasn't enough for Taehyung. He wanted to make Jeongguk remember him forever.

And that's why he hurt the boy.

Because love was a deep scar, but the sadness was deeper.

Together they made the most tragically beautiful mark, not only on someone's heart, but on their whole body, soul, mind and surroundings.

Heartbreak makes the humans go insane.

But it also makes them remember.

That was all Taehyung wanted.

The dawn, peeking from behind the trees, tore him apart from his thoughts. With a fast beating hard and a small smile, he got up.

The boy enjoyed the view in front of him, because he was seeing it for the last time.

That night was his last.

That dawn was his last.

Those breaths were his last.

Those moments were his last.

But what wasn't his last, was his trace.

Love never dies.

Love never ends.

Love is forever and always.

Taehyung stepped closer to the edge of the roof with his bare feet. He closed his eyes and listened to the birds sing; felt that fresh and metallic smell the mornings carry; enjoyed the wind and the soft touches of the sunlight on his face.

Various moments of him and Jeongguk flashed in his head, making him smile.

I love you, too.

Taehyung opened his eyes.

"Your beginning is my end, my end is your beginning." he said quietly.

And stepped over the edge.