Chapter 1: Recovery

A/N: I apologize for the long wait! Chapter 2 will be out soon, so you won't have to suffer a cliffhanger for TOO long... this time anyway. *evil laughter* Anywho, please enjoy this *small* peace offering as I flesh out the next *hopefully much longer* chapter!
-SM75

Chapter 1: Recovery

Tension thrummed through their bodies as they waited, with baited breath, outside the abandoned factory. The moments that passed seemed to last hours, at least to the blonde man who was growing more impatient and terrified as time went on. 'Just what the hell is taking those kids so damn long? We're already in position! We need to charge in and take down these idiots before they do something else to Izaya, goddamnit!' Shizuo Heiwajima thought to himself.

Right as he was fixing to ignore the plan altogether and bust in, he heard the crackling of his earpiece come to life and Mikado's calm voice come across the airwaves. "Is everyone in position? Good. Now, according to one of Anri's children, there's several groups of guards scattered throughout the complex. Two groups with five people each are near the door. Kyohei, Erika, Walker, and Saburo, you guys will be taking care of them."

The leader of the four nodded and replied. "Right. Already in position." Beside him, Erika and Walker flashed each other matching slasher smiles, eager to have a chance to flaunt their more vicious sides. Saburo nodded at Kadota, prepared to charge in as soon as Mikado gave the all clear.

The Dollars leader continued his orders. "Masaomi, there's four more guys over by the window you're near. Pretty sure you don't need backup, right?"

The blond snorted. "Don't tell me you forgot who you were talking to, Mikado. I can handle as most of these assholes by myself, easily." Hearing the words made Mikado smile a bit.

"Right, my bad. The next group is heading down a long hall that leads to the back of building. There's a door to the left of it. That's where you'll enter to take them out, Celty." The dullahan nodded, shooting her reply via text.

"Got it." Ryugamine nodded. "Finally, Shizuo-san, you'll be following in behind Celty to search for Izaya. He seems be in the room that the group is heading back to."

Said male sighed in relief, nodding. "Right. Can we go now?"

The other remained silent for a moment, which only ramped up the Heiwajima's irritation, before saying: "NOW!"

In a heartbeat, the various groups jumped into action. Saburo switched his van into drive and slammed his foot on the gas, causing his vehicle to easily bust open the wooden doors. Two gang members were hit by the front of the car, one flying across the room while the other was thrown over the top. Erika and Walker slammed open their door, jumping out on one side as Kadota hopped out of the passenger seat.

A can of spray was quickly shaken up before a lighter was flicked on it front of it. The unlucky bastards near Yumazaki were then treated to third degree burns via the improvised flame thrower the blond used. Besides him, his best friend activated her soldering gun, viciously attacking anyone who came in range with somewhat sadistic glee. Kadota was a flurry of hands and feet, tossing, punching, and kicking every enemy in reach.

At the same time, Masaomi burst through his own door. With cool, precise hits, he dispatched his opponents with ease. Even if he didn't get along with Izaya in the least, hearing what had happened to the informant was enough for him to happily destroy such vicious, disturbing people. He slammed his fist into one guy's throat before roundhouse kicking another.

'Bastards. People like you are part of what's fucked up about this city. Sure, Izaya an asshole who's done all kinds of horrible, sick things... but he didn't deserve what you did to him. He may be inhuman, but you guys are fucking animals.' The blond thought to himself as he continued to pummel the group and any reinforcements that tried to jump in.

In the hall across from Kida, Celty revved her motorcycle and sped toward the door, her disguised horse not having much trouble with breaking it down. As it fell, a goon was caught underneath it, only to then be run over as she drove over him. The next had a wheel slammed into his face before being thrown against the wall.

Shizuo rushed in behind her, bowling over any idiot who dared get in his way. He ran down the hall and reached the door at the end. He kicked it open. "Izaya!" he called, looking around for the brunet. His face darkened as he observed the filthy state of the room: ripped clothes were strewn about and intermingled with bloodied rags; rotting food lie there with flies and other insects flying about wantingly around it; the smell of waste, depression, and stale sweat hung in the air.

The Heiwajima was disgusted by what he saw. 'Those bastards left Izaya in this mess for God knows how long... This is some of the sickest shit I've seen in a long fucking time. Those shits better hope I can find him or so help me, I'll snap each and every one of them like goddamned twigs!' He ranted internally, fury consuming him at the thought of what they'd put his charge through.

He heard a thud from the bathroom, causing his head to snap in that direction. "What the hell?" He pauses before tentatively saying, "Izaya?" At the thought that it might just be the noiret, he quickly strode over to the door and whipped it open.

Eyes widened as he caught sight of the mirror before they landed on the still figure on the ground. He froze, standing there in absolute horror. "...No... this can't...." he murmured, unable to think straight. He falls to his knees, pulling Izaya close and cradling him to his chest.

When he looks down at the pale, lifeless skin of the person he'd searched so hard for over the last couple of months, he grits his teeth before letting out a howl of anguish.