Prologue

A/N: I'm so sorry for the long wait guys! Life kinda got in the way and it took me a while to get back around to this, but it's finally here, the sequel to Broken Ace: Forsaken Solace! I'm just doing the prologue for now as a bit of teaser, but the first few chapters will be coming out over the next few weeks. Thank you for all your support, and I hope you're ready for some insanity.

Without further ado, here is the beginning of Forsaken Solace.

-SM75

Prologue

Broken... that was the one word that was running through his mind over and over again. It was whispered like a maddening mantra in the darkened recesses of his mind. 'Broken, Broken, Broken, Broken...BrokenBrokenBrokenBROKEN.' he silently screamed it to himself as he stared at the mirror. Only he could see the shattered look in his eyes, the haunted look in them a mocking reminder of everything that had happened to him over the last year.

With a growl, he slammed his fist into the revealing glass, distorting his image. He breathed raggedly, struggling to deal with the weakness that plagued his body. A pale, bloodied hand slowly slid down the fractured mirror, leaving behind crimson trails. Tears slid down his face as he shook and slowly fell to his knees. 'This... This is it... this... is how the infamous Izaya Orihara finally goes down, huh?' An empty noise escaped him, a cross between a laugh and a sob. 'I'm finally done for. Well, I guess it's for the best. I can never be who I once was. About time for me to end it.

With that silent resolution, he picked up a broken shard of glass and pointed it at his throat. Tears started falling faster. "...It's funny... I always used to try and force people to do this... and now... it's my turn..." He closed his eyes and brought the shard closer to his throat, his last sight having been a mirror stained with his blood.