twenty-three

Author's Note: Sorry, this is probably terrible.

Crickets chirp around them and the sounds of the city are swallowed up by the sweeping planes and bright stars. Annabel's laying on her back and Harry's on his side, his fingers delicately gliding over her skin and tracing the veins beneath the surface.

It's incredibly cold outside, but she doesn't seem to mind even though she's only in her bra and underwear. The warmth spreading from his fingertips is a nice contrast to the frigid chill and she's got the blankets over her legs, so it isn't too bad.

They've been in Ireland for a couple of days now and Harry's enjoying the solitude. Sure, they go into town every now and again for food and the necessities, but out here in the field it's just them in their little tent and he appreciates the change in scenery.

His fingers follow the curves of her breasts and she smiles. The gentleness of his fingertips tickles and the coldness isn't helping.

A soft giggle passes her lips as his fingers return for a second pass.

Harry's trying his hardest not to grin, "What?"

Annabel lifts her left hand and runs it through his freshly cut hair. He was getting irritated with its length and wanted her to cut it. There were also a few people from the states that recognized him and he wanted it to stop. She doesn't know much about cutting hair, but she feels like she did a good job and he looks really nice with shorter hair.

"Your hands tickle."

Harry beams as his fingers follow another path. Annabel continues to run her fingers through his hair. He gets lost tracing the light blue veins beneath the surface of her skin for a few moments, the entrancing web that contains that beautiful red captivating him once again.

He's been thinking a lot in these past few days and there's something that he's been meaning to ask her. Unfortunately, she distracted him with sex and he completely forgot to mention it.

"Do you like it here?"

Annabel laughs, "You know I do."

Harry's fingers stop their movements and he looks up at her with a hopeful look in his eyes, "What would you think about staying?"

Annabel looks at him quizzically, her thoughts blending together. She really does love Ireland, but she loves it back home, too. The house, the flower, the woods...she loves all of it and she's not sure if she wants to leave.

"I'd love to, but what about home? I love our house in the woods and my flowers. Why do you want to move?"

There are more than a few reasons, but he wants to stick with the obvious because he's been trying to avoid the dark place in his mind. "The cops have stopped surveillance, but everyone still looks at us like we're going to kill them next and I hate that they're onto us. I love the house and the woods, but I feel like I'm caged in. Usually, I would've left long before now, but I know you like it there and I don't want to force you to go somewhere. But if we stay there any longer I'll kill you."

Annabel frowns and removes her hand from his hair to trace random circles on his arm. "Are you still having the nightmare?"

Harry nods, "It never left. Think about it though, a brand new start where no one knows who we are. We can build a new house here, better than the old one and the possibilities are endless. Granted, disposal will be a little more difficult, but we can manage. Just think about it."

She's silent for a while, her hands absentmindedly finding his and slotting her fingers between his. "It'll happen either way, you know."

Harry hums in return as he pulls her closer and brings the blankets up to cover her. She likes the cold, but it's been a while and he doesn't want her to get frostbite. "What will happen either way?"