Everyone Dies Eventually

Start from the beginning

I whirled around and faced the woman, eager to hear what she had to say. My father asked her, "How did you get a message from him?"

Right now, I could care less about how he got a message to a mere servant but still, I listened patiently. She shifted her weight and spoke in a shakey voice, "Sir, I was out in the courtyard watering the plants and he came out from the shadows. He told me he had something I had to tell Prince Micah."

I flitted to stand directly in front of her. The woman shrank back slightly at my sudden movement. I murmured, "What was the message?"

She dared to look up at me and then looked right back down at her feet when she saw the anger in my eyes, "Prince Micah, Mister, he told me to tell you to check the tunnels."

Check the tunnels. The tunnels, why hadn't I thought of that? How the hell would he know where she was?

I doesn't matter. Greyson raced after me as I flew through the mansion and out into the forest, to find her.

****

Kate's POV

 *****

I watched Landon's eyes begin to swirl. This was not good. 

What was left of his human tendencies were disappearing before my eyes and his animal instincts were kicking in. I couldn't help but observe how handsome he still looked, even when he was brimming with saliva from the need to bite me.

It was all quite magical. That such a beautiful, exquisite creature could be so deadly.

I watched him will himself into some kind of calmness, where he wasn't completely back to normal but he wasn't dying to bite me either. He stopped breathing, but his eyes stayed glued to mine. He spoke with a rich, velvety voice, "Your hero isn't coming for you this time. Because if he did, it would reveal his little hiding place he has here. It would jeopardize everything he's worked for."

Furrowing my eyebrows in question, he replied mentally, Nathaniel of course.

Just how hard did I hit my head?

Landon sauntered over to the table, where he ran his hand across the surface. I watched as he picked the knife up with his left hand and ran the tip of the blade along the table. The sound was high pitched and made me cringe.

When he turned back to me, his eyes were no longer human. They were an empty, bottomless pit of black. His face was rigid and serious.

He eyed me as he ever so slowly walked towards me. It was like a predator going after it's prey. And I was the helpless one. He spoke, "Think of it this way, everyone dies eventually, except me of course. And I'm just getting it over with early for you."

I held my breath. He was in front of me. The knife in his hand. He twirled it, effortlessly and I saw the sharpness of the silver blade. Biting down hard on my lip, I waited for what he would do next and the pain it would bring.

Landon's voice caressed my ears once more, "I really am sorry I have to do this. But you know, I won't allow either of those worthless vampires have you. Nathaniel was a fool to try and make me follow him like a helpless puppy. I have my own plans. You see, your death is mandatory and when the royal coven falls, I will be there to pick up the pieces."

And then he took the knife and plundged it into my stomach.

The pain was excruciating and I screamed louder than I ever have before in my life. Landon's face was wild with excitement.

I panted from the pain and let out a small noise of desperation. Blood was pouring out around the knife that was still sticking out of my abdomen, staining the t shirt I was wearing.