Vampire Prince & Pure Blooded Human

3000 reads?!Good job on voting :D keep it up! 40 votes on this chapter for an upload! enjoy xo

=============================================================

-I would rather reveal myself than my situation, Now and then I consider my hesitation; The more the dark consumes me I pretend I'm burning, burning bright.-

Ch4.

Deciding to take my own advice that I gave to Landon, I took a cab home as well. The foreign looking  driver gave me an odd look when I told him the address, I'm guessing because the trip is only six blocks. He shouldn't be complaining, I gave him a tip.

I came home to find Alex cooking up some dinner, the sweet, delicious smell filled the apartment and I sighed, a good home-cooked meal was exactly what I needed. I missed home. But home was gone and this was home now.

Just two months ago I had been laying on my bed at my house in Kirkwood, not too far from St. Louis. It was late, maybe eleven o'clock at night and it was a thursday. I was finishing up on some of my composition homework and studying for a big test the next day at University.

Alex was out with her friends, it was her 21ist birthday. They were out at the bars, of course, having turned 21 and she was now legally able to drink. But both mom and dad were home, downstairs going over a potential merger.

They owned a huge cleaning company. I couldn't tell you the real details of it, I never was interested enough to learn about it.

I had finished my studies and decided to go downstairs to get something to eat. Passing by my parents who were discussing business at the kitchen table, I stopped to give my dad a kiss on the cheek and my mom said to me, "There's double-stuffed oreo's in the pantry, bought them today."

I grinned at her and bounced off to the pantry. They were my favorite and she knew it so she always bought them for me the day for a big exam. Opening the door to the pantry, I turned on the light and went in to find my reward for forcing myself to study all night.

As I was reaching for them on the top shelf, there was a huge crash that came from inside the house. I whirled around and went to the doorway of the pantry, just in time to see three men stomping in through the front door, which was hanging by one hinge now.

Covering my mouth with my hand, I quickly shut the pantry door and flipped off the lights. I watched through the shutters of the door as my parents stood up in a rush and my dad put my mom behind him protectively.

He said to the men in a calm voice, "What do you want? Money? Take it all, just don't hurt us."

The man in front, dressed in black pants and a black leather jacket as were the other two, grinned a sinister smile. They were breath-takingly handsome but looked deadly as snakes. I felt fear creeping up inside me.

He spoke, "I don't want your money. Where is the girl?"

My mom squeaked from behind my dad, "Please, please don't hurt my babies!"

I felt tears brimming my eyes and falling silently as I forced myself to be quiet. Then, I watched in horror as the men grabbed my mom and dad and literally tore them to pieces with their bare hands. I had to look away as the two people that I loved more than anyone else in the world were killed right before my eyes.

Their screams burning my ears as I shrank to the ground in the pantry, helpless. I covered my ears in hope of some kind of escape from the sound.

When it stopped, and I heard the men moving around, one of them spoke again, "Maybe she's upstairs in her room. That's where he said she might be."