All Hallows Eve

5o VoTES people xD

================ This chapter was fun to write, hope you love it:) ==================

** I know the pain inside my heart can't break the fear inside of yours....... Will you carry me down the aisle that final day, with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight. ** (Check out the song------->) <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halloween crept around the corner much too fast and was here before I knew it. For some reason, I had been dreading it. Probably something having to do with the fact that Nathaniel had mentioned that Halloween was the most important day of the year for vampires.

Apparently, it was the day they held the biggest ball of the year at the royal kingdom and all vampires in the states attended. Oh and did I mention the royal kingdom is a mere hour away from St. Louis? It's located deep within a forest that is unknown to humans.

A human cannot enter unless invited. They really twisted that around on us humans, eh? Micah and Nathaniel were both required to attend the ball, so they would not be around to either kill or protect me. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Alex had demanded I go with her to the party one of her friends was throwing in their penthouse in the city. I was not excited to say the least. We had gone costume shopping and she had picked out an angel custome which leaves little to the imagination.

I had gone for irony in my costume. Yep, that's right. I'm going as a vampire for Halloween. Of course, the outfit was a bit scandalous but hey, isn't every girls costume like that on Halloween? I turned around in the mirror and observed myself.

The outfit was actually really flattering. The dress was black and dangerously short with a thick, chained belt around the waist. It came with a cape that was red on the inside, black on the outside and had a high collar, like something out of an old dracula film.

I bought some thigh high leather black boots to go along with the oufit and without the cape, I would look like a five cent hooker. The black choker around my neck just topped off the whole look. I let my hair curl naturally and teased it a bit with some heavy black make up.

I looked like a vampire slut.

Alex came prancing into my room in her little white singlet, sparkly wings, and feather decorated halo. An angel, oh lord. She grinned at me, "You ready to go?"

I tried to be excited, it was probably good for me to be going out. "Yeah, let's get this over with."

She rolled her eyes at me and dragged me out of the apartment by the arm. We made our way down the street, me doing my best not to trip over my leather boots. Luckily, the penthouse was only a couple blocks away. There were people pouring into the building as we approached it.

After a very cramped elevator ride, the doors opened and we were pushed into a large room with more people than I could count. It was dim and music was booming throughout the place so loud it vibrated in my body. Alex grabbed me and led me to a bar.

I began to protest but was shut up as the bartender approached us and smiled flirtatiously at Alex. She, of course, smiled back and ordered us drinks. I took mine reluctantly and sipped on it. Holding back a gag, I tasted vodka more than whatever it was mixed with.

I had drank before but not on a regular basis. I stood by, feeling out of my element as Alex flirted relentlessly with the bartender. I caught a guy a few feet away that kept sending me lustful glances. He was cute enough, with short brown hair and a football custome on.