Trust Me, I Don't Bite

To those reading this, you're all amazing :D thanks for all of your support so fast on this story! Enjoy loves! xo

--------------------------------------->

ch2.

My head was beginning to spin from the loss of blood. I had pushed with all the muscle I had in my weak, little arms on his chest but he didn't even flinch.

My eyes closed and there was a loud bang that sounded throughout the apartment. I didn't have the strength to lift my head and see the source.

I heard a loud growl and Micah was ripped from my neck, his teeth tearing my skin in the process. Screaming out in agony, I clutched my throat and felt fresh blood seeping out. When I willed my eyes to open, I saw Nathaniel holding Micah against the wall with his hands grasping his throat.

Micah was clawing at Nathaniel, trying to get a hold of him but Nathaniel was much too fast in his fluid like movements.

Nathaniel said between clenched teeth, "If I could kill you right now, I would."

Micah hissed at Nathaniel, "She HAS to die, she has to! You know what it will mean if she does not."

"Killing her will solve nothing! It only makes us look just as savage as the humans!"

Us? Humans? Savage? Ha!

Micah muttered, "Filthy humans."

Micah grapped onto Nathaniel's hands that were still around his neck and slowly pried them away, clearly showing he was stronger than Nathaniel. My mind was still processing the vampire thing. Vampires were imaginatory. Not real.

They were horror stories told to children, they were sweet and sparkly and handsome in movies to all girls under the age of 18. But never real.

Now I had two, in my living room, fighting each other. One clearly wanted me dead and the other apparently was attempting to keep me alive. He had saved my life twice now.

But why?

They started fighting again but their movements were so fast I couldn't keep up with who was winning. It was just a blur moving around, until finally Micah threw Nathaniel against the front door, leaving him knocked down just long enough for Micah to gain an upper hand.

Micah's voice boomed throughout the appartment as I layed still on the ground, not able to move enough to sit up. "Stop getting in the way, Nathaniel. She is mine to kill, and I WILL kill her."

Nathaniel was in pain and he winced as he stood up, "I won't let you. You know it is my duty to protect her and I will stop at nothing to do so."

"We will see." Micah hissed at him. He turned to me once more and his black eyes burned into me. "You have gotten away twice. The third time you will not be so lucky, Katherine." The way he said my name, it was like I disgusted him.

I mumbled under my breath, "It's Kate."

He blurred across the living room and out the back door. I saw him standing on the fire escape outside, then he turned back to me. His voice drifted into my head, 'I will call you whatever I please, my little prey.'

And then he was gone.

My mind was running a million miles a second. It was so much to take in and I didn't have the energy right now to comprehend it.

He had taken too much blood. The thought made me want to gag but I refused to let him get to me that much.

A soft voice sounded above me, "Can I help you up?"