Still Alive, Barely Breathing

Sorry if this is a little rocky.. It's a rewrite because I had it finished and then Wattpad decided to close on me and delete everything in this chapter >:(

ChapterFourteen.

You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go
*******

"I'm here."

I sighed in relief when I heard Micah's voice. He reached out and found my hand, grabbing it into his own and led my through the darkness. His eyes must be able to see better than my own, of course that would make sense.

He dropped my hand and the sudden loneliness made me shiver in the dark. I was about to call out to him again when he opened another huge cement door and revealed a staircase and a lantern on the wall.

Micah walked down the stairs and I watched, standing there wrapped in my thoughts.

I was beginning to realize something about vampires. Vampires are a species much like our own. They have good ones and bad ones.. Some are rude and arrogant, some are kind and caring much like Nathaniel.

Vampires have feelings, both bad and good, and they are able to be soft and gentle if they really want to. They are capable of love.

Yes, vampires may be more vicious than we are but they still have human tendencies.. I guess we have our own vampire tendencies..

He cleared his throat, bringing me to reality and I watched him frowning from the bottom of the stairs, "I'm not even walking fast, do you think you could at least try to keep up?"

There was a cold breeze that blew behind me and I didn't have to be told twice as I scampered down the stairs.

Gripping the back of his shirt as we were once more engulfed into darkness, he led the way through the tunnels. The bottom of my dress was dragging along the filthy ground and my bare feet were probably disgusting, not to mention pebbles were sticking into my feet.

I squinted in the darkness to see Micah loosen his tie and then shrug off his jacket, tossing it to the ground. Why he did that I had no idea.

His voice echoed around me, "Clearly our hunters are doing a poor job of catching that reckless vampire."

I questioned, "You have your hunters after him?"

He briefly glanced down at me, "Yes, he harmed you."

Sarcastically, I muttered, "I wasn't aware my well-being was important to a bunch of vampires."

He snorted and mumbled, "We think he's planning something big with a group of rogue vampires."

 Pondering what he said, I asked, "Planning what and what are rogue vampires?"

I felt my foot catch on something and I fell forward, my arms reaching out to catch myself. Micah gripped my arm and held me up, an annoyed look on his face, "We don't know yet and they are vampires that have broken away from the coven."

An uncomfortable silence came over us and we trudged along. Well, I trudged along, he walked at a human speed and had a very irritated manner about him.

After walking for a while longer, I finally groaned and muttered, "Can I go home now?"

He turned and I saw the outline of his features through the dark. He studied my face and then sighed, "Yeah, I guess we should be okay now." He took me by my shoulders and continued, "But promise me if something happens you'll reach out to me through your thoughts."