10 1800-wake-me-up-inside

Tyler pov

Brendon sleepily slung his arm around me as I tried to get comfortable on the bed.
This resulted in me accidentally elbowing him in the face.

"Ah!" He he cried as he grabbed his nose.

"Oh shoot sorry." I said as I proceeded to continue wiggling around and patting down the bed.

"That's it, off the bed you wiggly ass bitch." He said as he pushed me off.

I easily fell of the edge and into the floor with a light thud.
I popped my head up and looked at him as he snickered a little while still holding his nose.

I climbed back onto the bed, shoving him over so I had more room and lied down.
"So anyways, more important business, why's this paco spying on us?" I asked as I folded my hands on my stomach.

"Because he's waiting for his next victim. He's going to feed us candy, fatten us up and eat us." Brendon joked.

"Well you're already fat enough so he can eat you first and I'll escape." I said going along with it smugly.

"And we all know how good you are at escaping." He commented with sarcasm.

"Please, I may not be a professional at escaping, but I do specialise in charming people with my politeness and gentlemen ways, which is the real way you slink out of any tough situation." I told him.

"What'd your mom teach you that?" He scoffed.

"......Maybe." I cleared my throat "anyway so the real deal with this paco guy?"

"Well Paco gets the crappy job of keeping an eye on us to make sure we don't bail. Also he's there just incase anything goes wrong in the delivering or picking up of the packages." He told me.

"Oh, okay." I said understanding "That doesn't sound too bad then."

"See, What'd uncle brendon tell you, nothing to worry about." He sighed as he stretched his arms out before tucking them underneath his head.

I nodded. "It's like being babysat..although..we are adults..and we are being forced to do this..and I'm pretty sure he's not going to reward us with treats.."
As you see my trying to 'water down the situation' didn't really work out so my sentence died down pretty quickly.

"I had a babysitter once." Brendon commented. "I was ten at the time and had a thing for older women. So naturally I asked for her number and tried to grab her butt. Long story short she was never my babysitter again."
I slowly looked over at brendon who had paused for a moment after finishing his odd story before he suddenly turned to me.
"Hey you wanna go get something to eat?"

So there me and brendon sat a few moments later at a diner we spotted across the road from the motel.

The place smelt of strong coffee with the sweetness of pancakes and a hint of bacon. The place was barely busy which made service quick and the place comfortable.
With the waitress walking away with our orders on her notepad, I sat silently and gazed out of the widow by my side with the background noise of clinking cutlery as those few customers enjoyed their meals.

"So where's paco at?" I asked brendon with my eyes on the motel across the road.

He didn't reply so I turned to look at him, but he wasn't looking back at me.
I followed his gaze to see he was checking out the waitress that had taken our orders.

"Brendon." I said to get him to focus on me and not her behind.

"Hmm?" He asked slowly pulling his eyes away to look at me.