Diego sat next to me not too long after. This table had been booked for us. A small two seater that now made me feel like I was suffocating. He takes a large bite of his toast and licks the crumbs off his lips. My eyes involuntarily fall to his lips. I clench my eyes and force them back to the pineapples and apples.

"Can we talk?" Diego asks, his voice cutting through the silence.

"No," I answer bluntly.

"You've never reacted this way before," Diego points out.

Yeah thanks, I so needed another reminder that my feelings have changed for you!

"You've never been so idiotic," I reply, and he exhales deeply.

"Babe," Diego presses.

"Babe, I think your one night stand is waiting for you. Why don't you go entertain her and leave me in peace alright?" I say harshly, my cold eyes burning into his apologetic pleading pair.

When he made no effort to move I got up and left after grabbing a large chocolate muffin. Later today we would be leaving Mauritius. I was glad on the one hand that now I would have my own bedroom but upset that I wouldn't have a whole island to avoid Diego on.

I start walking to the beach pecking at my muffin when I see Alex running towards me. I stop and wave and he grins. When he reaches me he has to take a few deep breaths.

"Not the fittest are you?" I joke and he rolls his eyes, but the smile on his face assured me he knew I was joking.

"So, you're leaving today huh?" Alex asks, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Yep, I miss my bed," I say thoughtfully and he laughs.

"I was wondering if perhaps you wanted my number so we could talk sometime?" Alex asks nervously.

"That'd be awesome!" I exclaim.

I reach into my pocket grabbing my phone and he dictates his number. Alex. I finish and lock my phone.

"Wanna walk on the beach? I've got another few hours to kill," I offer and he shrugs.

I took off my sandals as we reached the sand. A few broken shells poke my feet, but the cold water that reached my ankles soothed the sting. I was going to miss the beach the most. It was so calm, seeing the bird fly overhead, the waves rushing to the shore, watching little kids build sand castles and jump as the waves reach them.

It was peaceful and beautiful.

"So where's Diego?" Alex asks breaking the comfortable silence.

Fucking somebody probably.

"He's packing," I lie and he nods.

"You two look very happy together," Alex comments.

That's good, that's what we're supposed to come off as.

"He seems like a very good husband,"

Oh honey you're blind.

"He really is. He cares for me," I lie again.

It was strange, a few ago I would have never been able to pull off saying lies as nonchalantly as I did now. They came with ease, I didn't even miss a beat anymore. Maybe that's why liars aren't always caught, they act normal.

The people who thought they saw through the lie were simply #Dielara fans, they didn't actually see that Diego and I hated each other as much as Diego thought he was hot.