33) The Originals

Layla:

It was a few seconds later that I was teleported back in to the Malterine, we were standing directly underneath the blue light, which I could now see was a hovering blue flame.
Ethen wrapped an arm around my waist, seeming oblivious to my attempts to get him off me.

"Now, we wait," Ethen whispered against my cheek, making me shiver - and not in a good way.

"And what are we waiting for exactly?" I growled, crossing my arms over my chest.

What was the point of taking me away from Matt if all we were going to do now was wait? Did he do it purely out of evil, so that even the smallest contact between me and Matt wasn't allowed? How long hadn't I seen Matt up to 5 minutes ago? Months? And I can't even have a conversation with him for Christs sake! And Grace, she was flippen drugged! Out cold!

"We are waiting for them to arrive," Ethen stated simply.

Take a wild guess to who them are?

So we're waiting for the rest of the Deathstag to come? Maybe even the Originals? Of course it will be the Originals who take my power, no one else would be allowed. Does that mean I am about to come face to face with them? Like in the vision I had the other day? Is that to come to pass? Well in my vision, this is the destination I saw. This exact place if I can recall. So that's it then? I am to wait here until the Originals decide to kill me? 

"Why didn't you just take me to them rather then meeting here?" I asked.

"Because this was the place chosen. This is where the exchange is to take place." 

He didn't elaborate any more on the subject and I almost rolled my eyes. All the times I wanted him to stop talking, and now he chooses to become silent? 
I sighed in frustration, the suspense was killing me!

"Well how long are they going to take?!" I tried again to get out of Ethen's grasp, but he was just too damn strong, I swear he had a grip like a monkey.

Ethen looked down at me curiously, a smirk threatening to appear on his face.

"Why so eager to meet your death?"

"I wouldn't use the word 'eager' exactly..." I muttered, annoyed that I had shown weakness.

"Nervous?" He was smirking full on now. Idiot.

"No." I rose my chin stubbornly in the air.

Ethen laughed. "Do you really think you have any chance against them?"

I remained silent.

"You have no chance at all! You haven't seen some of the things they have done, the amount of power that they have, and they will be even more powerful after tonight."

"Unless they get it wrong," I snapped, glaring up at him. "If I'm not the 'chosen one' which I don't think I am, they will be weakened by this, not strengthened, you said every time they do it, it weakens them, will this just weaken them a little too much?"

Ethen's smirk slipped off his face a little, but he kept up the staring contest we were having.
"It won't be wrong. You are the one." He said.

"How do you know?"

"You're different from the others. Stronger, smarter, more powerful. You can do things that not even fully trained warlocks can do. And you've only been learning how to harness your power for just over a year."

"Well, if I have all this power, why aren't you scared of me?"

"Maybe I would be if you had been trained. If you were older and more experienced. Right now, you know nothing. It was a good time to come and get your power."