18) Mother Nature

Layla:

Where is he? I know he's around here somewhere.... Invisible or not I will find him, that's before he finds me...

Flying silently through the forest in the Johnson Lake house estate was amazing, flying through the forest invisible was exhilarating. I really have a knack for this whole invisibility thing and can do it just as well as Matt can now, well almost.

It was an amazing feeling knowing nothing in the forest could see and know where I was apart from me, although I thought that the animals that were dotted around the forest floor knew there was something.

After flying for another few minutes (skilfully dodging tree's may I add) I perched on a high branch silently and crouched, waiting. Now you may ask me what I was waiting for, well, any sign of Matt, whether that be a whisper of breath, or a rustle of leaves, anything. But unfortunately it was surprisingly quiet, quite eerie to be frank, not that it scared me, we were perfectly safe in the Johnson grounds.

I could faintly feel a tug on my body, telling me the presence of magic, not enough for me to pinpoint a location on him, or enough for him to pinpoint a location on me I added.

Sensing that I wasn't getting far in my current position, I let myself fall from my current branch and stopped a few metres off the ground. Flying low, I scanned the area. I had been doing this for about half an hour now, but I know Matt is somewhere within the forest, I just have to find him. To some that may sound easy, but I would like to see them searching for someone who is invisible in a couple miles of woodland, and someone who is skillful at hiding and attacking.

I wonder what I will do if I find him before he finds me... probably turn around and fly in the opposite direction as fast as I can... That was all part of the game.

I had been here for 4 days and this is the second time we have played this. Basically it's like a more complex, fun version of hide and seek. Although in this game we get to fly and turn invisible. The forest was the best place to hide as it supplied lot's of coverage because of the tree's and it was hard to distinguish between human noises and animal noises. At this point, I am hiding from Matt, while he is trying to find me. However it's just important for me to look out for him too. 

You could just find a hiding place and stay there until you get found, but where's the fun in that? I preferred to be on the move, always keeping my wit's about me. I'm not gunna lie, I'm a beast at this game, but Matt makes a very worthy contestant and is extremely good at sneaking up on you, even with the pull of magic on your side...

We played these games for two reasons Matt had said to me. First it increases your magical skill and it gets you to become aware of your surroundings and using magic to help you and second, because he liked the idea of chasing me. I had rolled my eyes at him at that...

I flew silently for another few minutes, gradually getting higher and then felt a tug in my body, the magic pull tug, and it was getting increasingly stronger. Okay so he thinks he knows where I am does he? We'll see about that...

I squinted my eyes in the distance and focused on a low thin branch. "Ferforta" I whispered, and the branch snapped, sending a sound like a bullet echo across the tree's. I mentally high-fived myself when I felt the pull of magic fade and turn in the direction of the sound. Ha that will teach him! He thinks he's so sma-

"Gottcha," breathed a voice down my neck as I felt a pair of arms encircle my waist.

I stiffened in surprise and then relaxed almost instantly. 

I reappeared in solid form the same time Matt did and I laid my head against his chest.

"How did you know?" I pouted.