16) Home Sweet Home

Layla:

I was insanely comfortable, although this felt nothing like my bed. I was faintly aware of a soft movement beside me, that was weird we didn't have a cat...

I creaked open my eyes and I was flooded with warmth and light...and cream walls? My bedroom has blue walls...unless my aunt decided to redecorate when I was sleeping...

I adjusted my head slightly and looked into the face of a someone I cared for deeply. Matt, and then it all came back to me.

 The attack, saying goodbye, getting chased in the street, finding this hotel, all my answers and...my mother. And the kiss! Matt had said he loved me! We had then fallen asleep together within the comfort of each others arms.

Smiling, I looked again at Matt. He was still in a deep sleep, with his chest rising and falling beneath me. He had one arm around my shoulders and the other across my chest, completely oblivious to the world.

Even in his sleep he was stronger then a mountain lion as I found out when trying to get out of his embrace. As much as it pained me to leave him, I really needed to have a shower and clean myself up. But he was so God damn strong! I don't want to wake him up, he looks so peaceful, but I really need to go! I only needed to wake him up for a moment so I can get free and then he can get back to sleep I reasoned with myself.

"Matt?" I asked gently. No movement.

"Matt?" I spoke, a little louder and shook his shoulder slightly. Still nothing.

I sighed quietly and shook his arm again, adding a bit more force into the movement. Still nothing. What was he, dead? 

Urg I hate to do this, I really do. Okay sorry about this Matt.

I reached my arm over so it could reach my other wrist, even that was a challenge, and looked at my watch. It was half past ten. With my hands, I reached up close to Matt's ear and pressed a small button on the side of my watch. My alarm button. At once an annoyingly loud beeping noise went off and Matt jerked awake, tightening his arms around me which wasn't the aim of my plan...as much as I liked the feeling...

I let my arms drop on his chest and closed my eyes.

"Whereza fire?" He asked groggily.

Silly Matt, he thought it was a fire alarm.

I yawed and opened my eyes slowly.

"Matt?" I asked sleepily and innocently.

"Morning," he answered and bent to kiss my forehead.

"Oh, sorry about my alarm. Did it wake you?" Wow I was evil... I will make it up to him later I vowed.

"No don't worry about it, I was already awake."

No you were not! Okay now I feel really bad, he was trying not to upset me, even over a silly thing like waking him up.

I pressed my finger to my watch and the noise instantly silenced.

"Well now that I'm awake, I think I will have a shower. You should go back to sleep Matt, you're still tired." I kissed his cheek and made to get up, but his arms tightened around me.

"Hmm I like the sound of a shower though. Mind if I join you?" He asked wagging his eyebrows at me.

I laughed and hit his chest playfully.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I will take this one alone, seriously go back to sleep."

I really wished I hadn't of woken him, I feel extremely guilty about it. He deserved to sleep and I had taken that away from him. Great start Layla.