dark grounds

we slowly and carefully made our way to the front of the warehouse, hiding behind the parked truck. brendon commenced part one of the plan, which was to pop the tires so they couldn't get away faster than we can get them.

as the tires released the air they once held we snuck into the warehouse, getting to the ground floor quicker than we thought.

we examined that the first floor was run down with nothing in it but dirty and broken storage bins in the large amount of space.

we saw the door that lead to the stairways and we made a direct turn towards it. when we began going up the stairs i felt my heart rate begin to increase since reality just hit me. we were too far in now, and there was no turning back now without being seen.

we went up the flight of stairs that led straight to the top floor, and i was pretty prepared to shit my pants as we stood at the door that read "floor 4".

"i can't go in there...if they see me i'm dead where i stand." tyler whispered.
the rest of us exchanged looks when an idea came to mind,

"guys can you give tyler and i second to talk?" i asked, both patrick and brendon agreed as they went down a flight of stairs so tyler and i were alone.
"josh you can't convince me to go, you know what ger--"

i cut him off my smashing my lips into his, finally paying attention to the connection we've had since the day he saved me. there was no doubt tyler wasn't on board as he was kissing back even though i was a step ahead of him.

i could feel him shaking as he pulled me in closer, he was just as scared as the rest of us. the warmth of our bodies collided as he was pressing me against the wall, now in a passionate daze of a kiss.

we stopped, breathing heavily on each other with our trailing breaths,
"stay safe." i told him in a breathy voice.
"you too."

tyler hugged me before walking back down the stairs, which led brendon and patrick to come back up to join me.

we stood by the door for a minute or two collecting ourselves before opening the door to reveal a dark and what looked to be vacant fourth floor of the warehouse.

we all looked at each other as we further walked into the large space. we walked around to examine that there was a higher level to this floor that had a small staircase leading up to it and a balcony rim around it.

i looked up to the higher level and in my view i saw nothing. there was nobody here. and suddenly, the lights flashed on, illuminating the room. we all exchanged looked of confusion until we heard the sound of distant footsteps coming closer.

they echoed and echoed until we saw him. gerard waltzing into the room as he whistled a merry tune.
"oh hey guyssss!" he sounded excited, but he knew it was sarcasm, "i'm so glad you could make it!"

"how'd you know we were coming?" patrick asked.

"oh it wasn't hard to figure out when the alarm system went off in the security room... but hey you get an a for effort at least." he sarcastically noted.

"so now what?" brendon asked in a rather confused but aggravated tone.

"oh right! i told you skeleton-pricks that this wasn't over, and by golly did i mean it." it smiled, with clear sarcasm and a hint of fury in his voice.