instincts

(a/n) characters at the top

song: watermelon sugar by harry styles

I watched all my friends play Pokémon Go in the park. No offense to them, but it was a waste of time, energy and brain cells since they keep crashing into pole; Ted got another legendary Pokémon. Helen, Brooklyn, and Evelyn were all taking random selfies of themselves looking all Instagram perfect and Benjamin was busy flirting with some girl while I was on Urban Outfitters website buying another beanie. 

Fucking idiots. I thought to myself. 

Then I got whacked by a phone and heard Helen apologizing saying she was trying to get a good picture of me. On her phone, I saw duck lips and none of them were mine. Ah, she's a great liar. Then Ted shrieked and giggled. "I got Snorlax! Oh my gosh, I'm fucking amazing."

What the fuck Ted.

"Whatcha doing Angie," Benjamin asked plopping next to me. I shrugged scrolling down my phone half ignoring the Korean boy.

"Just shopping."

"Online shopping." He corrected raising his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes. He was so anal.Ted walked over and noticed me on my phone. He snorted at me and shook his head like he was my father.

"You're obsessed with that thing." He said gesturing to my new iPhone X. It was a yellow phone with a simple clear case and a pop socket my little sister Agnes bought at the 99 cents store. Ted imitated Wilma Peterson and do her weird hair-flip. "I have an X you guys, it has face ID and all that shit."

"You have one too, you dumbass!" I retorted not looking up. He didn't answer, just scoffed again and turned to Ted. Ben smirked at his direction, and Ted (being the idiot he is) obviously smirked back.

I blocked all of their conversations by putting in my earbuds. Once again, the neon green beanies were sold out. They were both chatting away talking about what seventeen-year-old boys talk about. Sex, parties, tits...

Without me knowing, they teamed up against me and pulled my earbuds out. I yelped and felt myself being lifted from the precious earth I live on, text on and sleep on.

Wait no, I sleep on my bed.

DOES IT MATTER ANGELINA?! 

The fuck-

"Hey! What-" My reflexes weren't fast but good enough to hit Ben on the nose. He didn't really feel it though.

DAMMIT.

Together, they carried me to the tetherball court where our other friends weren't visible. I kicked them both flailing my legs in the air. "Don't rape me, you dicks!" I yelled.

"Ouch! That hurt!" Ted whined when I 'accidentally' kicked his Adams apples. He let go of leaving Ben holding me by my arms. He grinned and let go of me too. I fell on the floor with a thud. I rubbed my hips and glared at the two fools.

"Tell me when you guys are going to drop me!" I wailed, annoyed. Ted grinned lopsidedly and shrugged.

"You kicked us first, woman." He said snickering. I rolled my eyes brushing past them. Or attempted to. I shrieked when they pulled me backward, hearing my fucking bones crack.

"What is wrong with you two?" I yelled smacking them both in the head. They shrugged not feeling the pain they should've.

"Everything." They said in unison.

 I was about to smack them but only succeeded in getting Ted because Ben always insisted Asian's have faster instincts. Ted groaned and Benjamin just cackled falling onto the floor clutching onto his stomach. The girl he was flirting with looked at him weirdly and strutted away. Ted glanced at the laughing boy.

"Dude, your  so-called girlfriend left." He said disgustedly by the bimbo.

"She's not my girlfriend, I don't even know her name!" Ben said still chuckling. I scrunched up my eyebrows at him. What a dummy moron. Then Ben called Ted a prude and Ted got angry.

Being a coward, Ben climbed on the pole looking like a stripper.

I looked at the tetherball pole with the Korean asshole clinging onto it.

"Are we here to play or pole dance?"

"Are you ready?" I asked the two boys who just lost three rounds of tetherball. They either missed the ball, didn't throw it hard enough or knocked their partner out. They both nodded getting into a volleyball stance. I rolled my eyes when I saw it was incorrect. I played volleyball and did some dancing in my free time.

I'm also very conceited when it comes to my skills. 

Helen, my closest friend knew not to compete against me for something trivial. She was my closest friend along with Brooklyn and Evelyn.

Brooklyn and Evelyn weren't exactly our BFF's. Evelyn met us last year and she was in the drama club. Evelyn was sisters with Wilma Peterson, the queen bee. Evelyn Peterson was kind of the nicer one and slightly more down to earth, I liked her because of that. She wasn't snotty or snobby, and she definitely wasn't "promiscuous" like the one and only 'Queen Wilma'.

Brooklyn was actually the newest member of our group. She just came to Sacramento high this summer and it's mid-September right now. She is a great author and poet, one of the best in our school. We're having a Creative Arts contest in early October and she's entering a song she wrote which will be singing and dancing by me and this other guy she said she'll partner me up with.

She had several relatives here so she wasn't exactly concerned about me not having a partner.

My heart swells when I see her with a writing songs and shit.

She's so cute. I'd go lesbian for her.

NO. YOU HAVE JAMES FRANCO ANGIE.

But he doesn't know me.

Does it fucking matter?

I blinked and saw Ben and Ted looking at me impatiently like "bitch, hurry up".

"Okay. You better be ready." I said and swung my arm back. It hit Benjamin in the face. Guess Asians don't have the best instincts aye?