Six.

Courtney's POV;

I jumped out of my bed and hurriedly threw some cloths on. I don't know where or how I'm going to see him, but I just want to see if James is okay.

"Somebody called your phone earlier, but you were asleep." Matt said as I walked into the kitchen, he was doing the usual. Reading and drinking his coffee.

"Did it say it was from James?" I breathed, grabbing my phone off the table.

"Uhm, I dunno." Matt shrugged, his eyes not leaving his book. He probably didn't care.

One missed call from James.

My heart immediately skipped beats. If he's able to call me then that means he's okay, right?

Should I tell him about my dream? Would he think it's weird?

Oh well, I decided to call him back. I made my way back into my room and shut the door, I sat in the middle of the floor with my fingers crossed, hoping he'd pick up.

"H..Hello?" His voice was low and raspy, he sounded upset about something. I could tell. I also can hear muffled voices in the back, he must not be alone.

"James?"

"Hi, Courtney."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah? But are you okay?"

"Uh, I guess so," I slightly chuckled, I was relieved to hear that he was fine. I just met him, and I'm that worried about him? Damn.

"You wanna hang out again today?" His voice sounded hopeful, but still upset. Something was troubling him, I wish I could know what it was. I could try to help him, couldn't I?

"Sure!"

"Okay, Text me the directions and I'll come pick you up?"

"Okay, yeah. I'll do that. Okay..uhm, bye. See you soon."

We both quickly hung up. I'm still so confused.

About my dream? What was wrong with him?

__________________________

"Court! James is here!" Matt yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, practically running.

James was standing at the door beside of Matt, a half smile planted on his face. He was wearing a Misfits shirt today.  He's okay! What a relief.

"Hey, James." I practically whispered. I wanted to hug him, but that'd be weird wouldn't it?

"Hey," he nodded his head. I saw a look of relief wash over his face. I can tell, it's like he was really scared about something, but now he's fine. It's really confusing, ugh.

"Bye, Matt. Love you." I mumbled, side hugging him quickly.

"Love you too, sis."

James and I walked out of the door, Matt shutting it behind us seconds later.

"You wanna meet my friends?" James asked, excitement hinting in his voice.

"Uh, sure." I grinned, nodding my head.

"Alright! Here, let me help you." He said, opening the passenger's door to his car for me.

"Thank you, James." I chuckled, my cheeks were probably super red by now.

"So? What music you want me to play?"  James smirked, his eyebrow raised.

"Uhhh, got any Black Sabbath?" I grinned.

"Hell yeah!" He exclaimed, popping in a tape.

So, we spent the driving time singin' and headbangin'. Like in my dream, James has an amazing voice. It's gorgeous.

"Damn, girl, you can sing." He giggled, turning the music down a tad. I blushed and shook my head, I've never thought I could sing.

"Me? You're the one who can sing!" I said, punching his arm lightly.

"Hey! Don't punch me!"

"Shhh." I shushed him, a devilish grin slowly forming on my face.

He gave me a fake death glare, "I'll wreck this car right now: don't you ever shush me."

"Alright, alright. Damn, Satan." I rolled my eyes playfully.

James couldn't help but laugh, his face seemed genuinely happy. It wasn't the first time I've seen this James: but for as long as I've known him (which isn't very long at all) it's a very rare James.

__________________________

"So this is the famous Courtney, huh? I'm Lars, it's nice to meet you." A guy with long brownish hair, a bit shorter than James wearing black skinny jeans and a black muscle shirt greeted James and I at the door. His accent sounded Danish to me.

"Uh, hi, Lars." I said shyly, making eye contact with him slightly.

"And Kirk is somewhere. C'mon, come in." James pushed me inside a bit, a soft smile on his face. The house was big and beautiful, but the smell of pot and beer lingered strongly.

"I'm here!" Another guy walked into the living room. He had frizzy, black, curly hair and dark brown eyes. His skin tone was slightly darker, but it fit him nicely. His outfit consisting of leather pants and a black Tee shirt.

"That's Kirk." James nodded, the guy flashed me a nervous smile before walking up to me and shaking my hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Courtney? Right?"

"Y..Yep." I nodded, forcing a smile.

"It's very beautiful here, James." I whispered, earning a faint blush from him.

So, I spent that day getting to know Kirk and Lars better. Turns out I have just as much in common with them as I do James! So, maybe that means I have three good friends now?

The only thing I couldn't tell Kirk and Lars about was my parents, how school went for me, and my depression. I haven't really told James that much about the depression, I don't want to scare him away.

"You wanna take that jacket off, yeah? It's hot in here." Lars asked, cracking open a fresh bottle of beer.

"No! I mean, uh..no, I'm fine." I shook my head, feeling quite embarrassed that I had yelled at first.

Damnit, Courtney.

James narrowed his eyes, as if he was looking deep into my soul, it was kinda weird.

He shook his head, a confused look washed over his face. He knew something was up.

I wish I could just break down and tell them. I wish I could trust them enough. I don't know them that well, though. They'd probably think I'm a freak, right?