-nine-

[Flashback to after Farkle and Smackle saved Riley from drowning. Lucas is currently laying on the bed in his room, relieved that Riley is okay, as he listens to the voices of his friends come from the tv.]

"The last thing I can remember is when we took a trip up to a ski lodge with the nature club at our school," he hears Smackle explain to Farkle.

"What happened there?" Farkle asks.

"Well Riley, Maya and Lucas were in this whole love triangle mess and they ended up resolving it there," she explains.

"Oh, so did Riley and Maya end up together?"

"What? Why would he say that?" Lucas exclaims, as he jumps out of bed, and watches Farkle and Smackle talk by the river from the screen of his tv.

Lucas notices Smackle is taken by surprise when Farkle asked that question. "What? No, Riley and Lucas got together. Why would you think Riley and Maya started dating?"

"I don't know. It was a stupid assumption, I guess."

"Why would he think that?" Lucas angrily shouts at screen, before turning to the speaker on the wall and yelling, "let me out of here! Let my friends and me go!"

"Mr. Friar, would you mind if we ask you a couple of questions?" A voice responds.

"If you get me out of this damn box," Lucas replies with an obviously annoyed expression on his face.

"That can be arranged."

"Then fine," Lucas huffs. "What do you want?"

"Would you say, that Riley and Maya are acting any differently than they usually do?"

Lucas shakes his head, and scrunches his eyebrows together. "What? I don't know!"

"We need a definite answer."

"No, I guess."

"Did Farkle's comments upset you?"

"Obviously!" The boy retorts. "I don't know why he would think that."

"Thank you, that is all."

"Okay, you're going to let me out now, right?" Lucas asks, but is met by no response."Let me out of here! He yells, as he starts to pound on the door. "You said if I answered your questions, you would let me out of here! Open the fucking door and let me out!"

"Sir, he did not respond well," the worker that had just been talking to Lucas over the speaker reports, as he walks into Charles' office.

Charles continues to focus on his computer, before finally looking up and responding, "did you show him the videos?"

"No, not yet. I can with your permission, sir."

"Show him the videos," Charles orders.

"Which ones?"

"His, then Matthews', then Hart's."

"Right on it, sir," the worker nods with a smile, as he heads back to his own office to follow Charles' orders.