-two-

[Experiment 1b1 has initiated.]

A blonde slowly begins to open her eyes, when she is meet by the blinding light of the sun. She groans, quickly recovering her eyes, as she allows them to adjust to her new environment. After awhile, she was able to squint and take a look at her surroundings. She was alone in a dense forest. There are no other sounds, except for the ringing of her ears.

She gets up and brushes the dirt off of her clothes, a black windbreaker jacket and pants, that have red stripes accenting the sleeves and the length of her legs. By that time her ears had stopped ringing and she could hear her surroundings, which was completely silent, apart from the faint yelling of someone in the distance.

Her feet instinctively lead her to the voice. She wasn't really sure why, but for some reason she felt an attraction to whomever is calling for help. As she got closer, the yelling became more distinct.

"Hello? Is anyone there? I'm lost and I don't know how I got here!"

The blonde finally caught up to the person behind the voice. It was a tall, brunette girl, who was wearing the same clothes as her. The brunette looked scared, and if she was being honest so was the blonde, but she wasn't going to let anyone know that.

"Please someone? Anyone? I don't know where- Ow!" The brunette exclaims, as she is tackled and promptly pinned to the ground. "What was that for?"

"Why were yelling?"

"I was hoping someone would come and rescue me."

"But you don't know who's out here. What if some lunatic had found you?"

"Well I'm starting to see my mistake now," the brunette sarcastically comments.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" The blonde asks, rather offended.

"Nothing. I just prefer to get formally introduced to someone before I feel comfortable with them tackling me to the ground."

The blonde smirks. "What's your name?"

"I'm Riley."

"Hi Riley. I'm Maya Hart."

"Hi Maya. Are we going to be friends forever?"

"What? No," Maya responds scrunching her nose in disgust. "Who even asks that kind of question two minutes after you meet someone?"

"I don't know. I just don't have very many friends. Actually I don't really have any friends at all. I've been hoping that one day I would find a best friend. Are you not her?"

"Sorry, kid, but I think you've got too much hope for this world. Plus I've already got friends back home."

"What's wrong with too much hope?"

"Hope is for suckers."

"I'm sorry that you think that. Do you want to know what I'm hoping for right now?"

"No, not really."

"I hope that during the time that we spend together, I will sprinkle you with goodness."

"What makes you think we're going to spend time together?"

"Well I mean as far as we know it's just you and me in this forest. Do you really think we should split up?"

"I'm tough. I could survive on my own," Maya claims.

"So you're just going to leave me here to die?"

Maya shrugs.

"Well I hope you don't, because I kind of like you, and I really don't want to die. I also hope that you get off of me pretty soon. You're kind of heavy."

"I'm not that heavy," Maya claims, as she rolls off of the brunette.

Riley sits up and brushes herself off. "See? Sometimes you do get the things you hope for."

Maya doesn't comment, but instead raises up her eyebrows and purses her lips.

"Can I call you peaches?" Riley asks.

"No. No you cannot call me that."

"I'm going to call you peaches," Riley smiles.

Maya stares at the girl's smile, and bites her lip to hold back her own grin.

[Meanwhile, somewhere else in the forest.]

"I can't believe I found you! I thought I was all alone!" Smackle exclaims, as she embraces Farkle into a hug.

Farkle awkwardly stands with his arms at his side and a shocked expression on his face. "I'm not going to say that I don't enjoy this, because I do, but I'm just not used to girls actually liking me, so this is kind of new to me."

Smackle pulls away from the hug with her eyebrows furrowed. "What are you talking about?"

"I've never had a girl I haven't meet come up and hug me before," Farkle explains.

"You don't know who I am?"

"No, should I know who you are?"

A part of Smackle's heart breaks after realizing that Farkle doesn't remember her, but for some reason she couldn't find the courage to tell him the truth. She presses a fake smile on her face, and says, "no, you shouldn't. My name is Isadora Smackle, but you can just call me Smackle."

"Well it's nice to meet you, Smackle. My name is Farkle Minkus, but you can just call me Farkle."

"Sir, it appears as if one of the subjects still has part of her memory of the others. What should we do?"

"Has she told any of them?"

"No, she just lied to Minkus about remembering him. Do you want us to eliminate her?"

"Does she know about the experiment?"

"Not from what we can tell so far."

"Keep her for now, we'll see how she reacts. The moment that you suspect she knows that this is a test ask me again. We've gotten this far, we can't let one minor detail ruin this for us."

"Will do, sir."