-four-

[Awhile later. Riley and Maya have finally made their way to the light, where they are greeted by an ecstatic Farkle.]

"I'm not alone!" Farkle happily shouts, as he runs up to Riley and Maya, hugging them both. "I'm so glad to see you guys."

"Yay, a hug!" Riley smiles.

"Yeah, if I were you I would never lay another hand on me again," Maya declares, pushing the boy off of her.

"Wow you two are really different aren't you? You," he says gesturing to Riley, "are the sun. Warm and bright and lights up the day. And you," Farkle continues, now looking at Maya.

"Don't look me in the eyes," Maya spats.

Farkle diverts his eyes from the blonde's to the ground. "And you are the night. Dark and mysterious. And the night has always been mystery to me, because I go bed at 7:30."

"So what's your name?" Riley asks.

"My name is Farkle. What's yours?"

Maya bursts out in laughter. "Farkle? What kind of name is that? Do your parents hate you?"

"No, they don't hate me," Farkle defends himself, the tone of his voice somewhat hurt.

"I'm Riley and this is Maya. She seems like she's tough and rebellious on the outside, but on the inside I know she's sweet like a lollipop."

"Sister, I'm a lot of things, but I ain't no lollipop."

"Well it's a pleasure meeting both of you. Mainly because I didn't really want to be alone."

"Who are they?" Maya questions, referring to the other three off in the distance.

"Smackle, Zay and Lucas. They don't trust us, because we're wearing red and they're wear blue. Well Lucas doesn't trust us anyway. The other two seemed pretty nice."

"I'm going over there," Maya announces, as she takes off in their direction.

"Maya, wait! I seriously wouldn't," Farkle yells, catching up to the girl and grabbing her shoulder to try to stop her.

Maya swiftly turns around and takes Farkle by the collar of his shirt.

"Not again," Farkle mutters.

"What did I tell you?" Maya angrily spats.

"To never lay another hand on you."

"And what did you do?"

"I laid a hand on you."

"Do you know what I'm going to do now?" Maya asks.

"Do you know what I'm going to do now?" Farkle says, repeating Maya's question.

"Hey, I just said that. What makes you think-" Maya says, before getting interrupted by Farkle kissing her nose. "What was that for?"

"I don't know," Farkle smiles.

Maya throws Farkle to the ground, before saying, "don't ever do that again," and marching away towards where she was originally headed.

Riley offers Farkle a hand to get up off of the ground. "Sorry, she can be a little feisty."

"It's okay," Farkle laughs. "I kind of like it."

Riley purses her lips from Farkle's comment. "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything," Farkle answers.

"Do you like her?"

"Yeah, I mean she seems pretty cool."