-one-

[The night that Farkle received his letter from 1b1. Everyone but Farkle is at Topanga's. Riley is resting her head on Maya's shoulder, as she holds Lucas' hand. Meanwhile Zay and Smackle are sitting on their own chairs.]

"Where is he? If he doesn't show up within the next five minutes I swear-" Maya irritably states, before she is cut off.

"I'm here," Farkle pants, as he runs into the bakery.

"And why are we here?" Zay questions.

"I-I got the letter," Farkle responds, bent over as he tries to catch his breath.

"From that science-y thing you applied to?" Riley asks.

"It's not called a 'science-y thing,'" Farkle retorts. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to further scientific research alongside all of my best friends."

"Wait a minute, I thought you said I wouldn't have to be doing any scientific-y stuff," Maya pouts.

"I never said that. And would you two stop adding a 'y' to science-related words? You're just making things up!" Farkle loudly exclaims. "Don't you guys realize how important this is to me and how important it should be for all of you?"

"I for one look forward to getting this opportunity to make scientific discoveries with all of you. Especially you, my hunk," Smackle declares with her attempt of a wink.

"Yeah, this is great and all, Farkle, but what are we even going to be researching, and why did they want you to bring your friends?" Lucas inquires.

"Uh, I don't really know, it's called experiment 1b1. All it says is, is that they will pick us up at our houses on July 1st at 05:00 to take us to their headquarters," he answers.

"So we're just suppose to get in some random car, that will drive us to some random place, to perform some random experiment? Sure that sounds like a wonderful idea," Zay sarcastically remarks.

"Come on guys," Riley smiles, "I'm sure this will be fun! Just the six of us, spending the summer together, doing all sorts of scientifically stuff."

"Hey, scientifically is technically a word," Maya claims, defending Riley, before Farkle can even say a word.

Farkle lets out a deep sigh. "July 1st. 5 o'clock in the morning. Please just be ready."

"Wait its 5 in the morning? What day is July 1st?" Maya asks.

"What did you think 05:00 meant?" Lucas inquires.

"Obviously I thought it meant 5 in the afternoon," Maya states.

Lucas smirks. "You've never heard of military time?"

"What is that?" Maya questions, shaking her head in confusion.

"Okay, that's enough!" Farkle interjects. "Maya, July 1st is on a Saturday."

"Ugh, that's too early for a Saturday," Maya complains. "I don't know if I can make it."

"You're going to make it," Farkle says, in an almost threatening tone. "You're all going to make it. I'm done talking about this for tonight. I'll see you guys tomorrow at school."

As soon as Farkle leaves the bakery, Maya asks, "what was he so upset about?"

"Gee, I don't know. Maybe he was expecting a better reaction out of his best friends about something that is really important to him," Lucas mockingly theorized.

Maya scrunches her eyebrows together, and while staring at Lucas says, "Riley, tell Ranger Rick to stop being mean to me."

"Lucas, stop being mean to Maya," Riley orders.