Chapter Thirty

Alright! Last chapter! Who's fuckin' ready for lots of pain and suffering?!

  Once Austin and Keara dumped the body into the trunk of her car, the two friends said their goodbyes before Austin went back inside. As she made her way to the driver's seat, she noticed a few police cars parked down the road, an important-looking man walking toward the house.
  Quickly, she opened the door of her car, snatched her hand gun and dived into the bushes lined around the house, stopping right at the porch steps. The man, not noticing the tan-skinned girl, walked up the steps and knocked on the door. To be honest, Keara didn't know if Austin was dumb enough to answer it without looking out the window first. Hell, he probably didn't even lock the door behind him. She began to panic, shifting a little, causing the bush to shuffle as she quickly aimed her gun. Before the man could even invesitigate what the hell made the bush move in the first place, a bullet whizzed through the air and landed in his brain, his body collapsing in a crumpled heap. Shouting was heard, and she burst out of the bushes, opening the door quickly and locking it. Rolling her eyes at her best friend's idiocy, she ran around the house.
  "Austin! Fuck, fuck, fuck, Austin!"
  "What?!" The man yelled, strolling, shirtless, out of the bathroom.
  "Cops. I shot one of 'em. We gotta go! Now!"
  There was pounding on the door and then a loud bang and yelling. The duo bolted to the basement, locking the door. Ignoring the other two men locked in the room, they grabbed some guns from the closet. Footsteps pounded around the floor above them.
  Finally, the cops found the basement door, breaking it down and rushing in, guns at the ready. Nine against two, the first to shoot was Austin, hitting a cop directly above her right eye. The others shot at him, Keara covering him as he ducked back into the closet, shooting another one of the cops.

          *          *         *          *          *         

  "I'm going in there." Cody reached for the door handle only to have Dan lean over and close the door.
  "Uhm, no, you're not. Do you hear that? That's gunfire. He has guns, and probably friends with guns. You can't go in there."
  "I'm going in there. Maxx needs me. I'm going to get him whether you want me to or not."
  Dan sighed, "I'm coming with you then."
  Cody nodded, and they both climbed out of the car, heading for the house. Taking a deep breath, he reached for Swik's body, pulling out his gun. Dan lifted an eyebrow.
  "Uh, do even know how to use that?"
  "Yeah."
  "Not even gonna ask."
  "Internet."
    They followed the shouts and gunshots to the basement. Cody snuck down a few steps, crouching so as not to be seen by whomever was down there. Three (live) cops stood around the room, guns aimed at a partially opened door. He stared at it, waiting, and suddenly, there he was, gun firing and shooting a bullet into one of the policemen's heads. Two cops were left, their heads and guns held high as their co-workers lied dead at their feet. Cody aimed his gun at around where Austin's head once was only to shoot far too slowly, missing Austin by mere inches.
  "Fuck..." He edged down the stairs, Dan right behind him. Once they made it to the bottom, they ducked behind a cage. Dan snatched a gun from one of the cops. He knew how to use it. His friend, Greg, who was an officer, had shown him how once. They heard the door across the room creak a bit, and a gun fire, hitting one of the cops. His head snapping up, Dan stared at the familiar face in front of him, eyes brimming with tears as Keara stepped out of the closet, shooting the last cop. Tears running down his face, he stood up, shooting her just as Austin burst out of the closet, shooting at Dan. While Keara slumped to the ground, a bullet embedded in her throat, the sound of her choking on her own blood filling the room, Dan fell onto his knees, a hand covering his bleeding side.
  "Shit! Dan!" Cody shuffled toward his friend immediately, gun still in his hand.
  "I'm fine! Fucking shoot him, Cody!"
Another gunshot sounded, and Cody leaped over the cage, landing behind another one, freezing for a moment when he saw the bloody person on top of it. He raised his gun again, aiming directly between the younger man's eyes.
  Suddenly, a tiny groan was heard from the body in front of him, their one visible eye blinking open slowly.
  "Cody...?" He noticed the gun, looking to where it was aimed. "What... What are you doing?" He asked weakly.
  "Ending this."
  "No."
  "What?"
  Maxx sat up, his vision going fuzzy for a second before he looked back up at Cody.
  "Don't... Don't kill him..."
  "Why? The bastard deserve-"
  "Please, Cody... Please... I hate him too. Trust me on that, but... I don't think I can watch him die..."