Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N - Sorry I kept you guys waiting for so long! I honestly don't have an excuse. I haven't left my bed for the past two weeks aside from a Halloween party with my friend. :/ I'm basically useless right now.

*WARNING: GRAPHIC GORE/BLOOD AHEAD. IT INVOLVES EYES.*

"What the fuck was that?!" Austin moved Maxx's sleeping body as he shot off the couch, running towards the basement. The smaller boy's eyes opened, confused. He sat up, realizing that he was now alone in the living room, his eyes widening. Standing up from his spot on the couch he creeped around the house, praying that he wouldn't bump into Austin. He could hear yelling and banging coming from the basement as he made his way toward the front door. With his heart racing he quietly unlocked the door and bolted outside into the cold Atlanta air.

Then he remembered that he was only wearing boxers and a shirt with no knowledge as to where he was. He snuck back into the house, closing the door as quietly as possible before searching around, determined to find a phone or computer. He dug through Austin's messy desks and tables, Cody's phone number being the only thing running through his mind. He found a pair of jeans, pulling them on quickly, stumbling as he spotted Austin's phone sitting on the bathroom counter.
He quickly dialled the seven digits, pressing the small piece of technology to his ear. Maxx held his breath as he waited for it to ring. It went straight to voicemail.
"God dammit, Cody! You never charge your fucking phone!" He threw the phone down in frustration, creating a small crack in the screen as it hit the floor. Pulling at his hair, he quickly thought of a plan B before rushing out of the bathroom and down the hall. Passing through the living room to the kitchen, he suddenly felt hands around his throat.

Austin loomed over the blonde angrily, choking him. Maxx clawed at the older man's hands, desperately trying to pull away from him.
"Where do you think you're going, darling?"
Maxx whimpered, his vision going a bit fuzzy. Just as he started to black out, Austin released his neck, letting him breathe once more. As Maxx tried to catch his breath, the older man, dragged him by his wrists down the hall to his bedroom.
"If you're not going to listen to me, I'll have to make sure you can't get around."
He forced the younger man to sit on a large tarp in the corner of the room, the wooden floors hurting Maxx. Austin walked over to his dresser, retrieving a chain collar and leash. Maxx's heart pounded as the object was placed over his head and tightened around his neck. He choked as the stronger man dragged him a bit closer to the wall, hooking the chain to a metal loop high on the wall, locking it in place with a padlock.
"Now," Austin spoke again, grabbing some duck tape off the nightstand. "This should keep you from squirming as much."
He wrapped the duck tape around Maxx's ankles, layer after layer as well as his wrists.
Satisfied, Austin pushed Maxx onto his back causing him to whimper. He knelt down next to him, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out something shiny. Maxx closed his eyes tightly only to have Austin force one of them open.
"Aw, come on. Don't hide your pretty little eyes from me!" Austin smiled, bringing up his free hand, showing the blonde the scalpel.

The second the object began growing closer to him, Maxx began flailing around, trying desperately to get away from his captor. A hand grabbed his hair, yanking him back to sit against the wall.
"Don't. Fucking. Move." Austin growled, using one hand to press the man's head against the wall and hold an eye open. As he brought his other hand up slowly, tears formed in the blonde's eyes.
With the tiniest of movements, Austin gently pushed the scalpel into Maxx's iris causing him to scream and bring his tied wrists up to swipe the other's arms away. He only caused further damage as the scalpel slashed through his eye and across the bridge of his nose and his eyebrow.
"I told you not to fucking move!" Austin screamed, throwing the scalpel onto the bed before running across the hall to the bathroom, grabbing towels and his first aid kit. Maxx cried as blood spilled down his face like a waterfall. Austin returned, sitting next to him.
"Open your eye."
The small man didn't budge, shaking. Austin rolled his eyes, mumbling to himself as he opened the eye, more blood rushing down.
"Shit... Okay." He shoved a towel onto the eye, Maxx screaming as he put pressure on it.
"Oh, shut the fuck up! You did this to yourself! Quit whining. I'm not getting blood everywhere just because you want to be a whiny little bitch."
"It-it h-hu-urts." Maxx sobbed, forcing out the words as he practically hyperventilated.
"Yeah, no shit." Austin scoffed, wiping away some of the blood off of the rest of his face, the gashes on his nose and eyebrow bleeding profusely.
"Hold this against your face as hard as you can. Do not move it away. Got it?"
Maxx nodded slightly, shaking a bit as Austin took out some bandages, scissors, and other supplies.
"Never thought I'd be doing surgery, but here we go."
"Wh-what?"
"I have to take your eye out."
"What?!"
"It's cut in fucking half, Maxx! I was just going to blind you, but you had to go and be a spaz and start throwing your arms all over the place! I don't have a choice. Just shut up, and don't fucking move this time."

A/N - Also, after the terrifying election the other day, I want you all to be safe, okay? I love you guys. 💙💙💙