Chapter Four

Maxx's heart pounded in his chest as he silently cried in the corner of the van. Austin was having a quiet conversation with the girl who had binded his wrists earlier. She had straight, brown hair with pink strands in it and smooth, dark skin. She was pretty, but the gleam in her eyes were like a shark's, dangerous and malicious. She looked over at the small blond who quickly looked away and backed into the corner a bit more.
He winced when they hit a bump in the road, and he hit his head on the wall. Austin stood up, looking concerned and took a seat next to him.
"I'm gonna take the tape off, okay?"
Maxx nodded hesitantly, letting him rip the tape off like a band aid.
"What the hell is going on? Why are yo-"
"Sh, Maxxy. I didn't do it so you could bombard me with questions." He giggled. Fucking giggled, and Maxx glared at him, wanting to strangle the life out of the older man.
"I'm takin' you to my good friend, Ariel's vacation house. It's about seven hours away, so you may want to try to get some sleep on the way."
"Why are you taking me the-"
"I've missed you so much, Maxxy baby." He brushed the back of his hand over Maxx's cheek gently. "I guess you could say I love you. It hurt me so much to see that you were with Cody now, and I feel a little bad for stealing you away from him, but I can't help it. I gotta have you."

As he said this, he turned Maxx a bit, pulling a switchblade out causing Maxx to internally panic before cutting through the tape around his wrists. He picked him up by his thighs and lied down with him in his arms.
"Now, get some sleep... It'll be a while 'till we get there."

Maxx didn't sleep. Not until three hours later after Austin had, and exhaustion took over his body.

He woke up being carried in Austin's arms. Flailing, he attempted to push himself away, only to be placed onto a couch. He quickly sat up and scooted away from the older man.
"Where are we?"
"Atlanta."
"What?!"
"Relax."
"No! I fucking trusted you, asshole! I begged everyone to have a little faith in you, and all you did was betray my trust. Go fuck yourself!"
Austin pushed him back roughly, so he was leaning over him.
"I'd watch your tone around me, Maxxy."
The blond clenched his jaw, glaring at him but staying silent. Austin smiled down at him, kissing his nose.
"You're adorable. Come on." He stood up, grabbing Maxx's hand and dragging him to a door that lead to the basement. The younger of the two froze, memories flooding his brain.
"Come on." He tugged him forward, down the steps.
"Here we go. Sit down."
"That's... That's a dog bed."
"Yeah. And? Just sit there."
Maxx sat on the soft, blue bed as the other walked around him, grabbing something. He turned to see him dragging chains towards him. They were connected to the cement walls.
"A-Austin...?"
"Sh, it's okay, baby." He knelt down, locking the shackles around struggling wrists and ankles.
"And last but not least..." Maxx felt sharp pokes enclose around his neck. Every time he tried to move his head, the spikes in the collar would dig into his skin sharply.

 Every time he tried to move his head, the spikes in the collar would dig into his skin sharply

"Austin, please..."
"No. Shut up. This is your punishment for yelling at me." He squatted next to him, kissing him softly. "I love you."
Maxx stared wide-eyed at him, tears glossing his eyes. Austin got back up and began to walk up the stairs.
"No, Austin! Please, don't leave me down here like this! Please!" Before he knew it, the door was closed, the only light in the room being the small leftover rays of the sunset from the tiny window in the corner. He let a tear fall down his cheek as the sun gradually went away, leaving him in complete darkness.