Chapter 13

Weiss scowled as she burnt yet another pile of letters with her Burn Dust. Ever since that slanderous article had been published that morning, she'd been set upon by owls carrying all different kinds of hate mail, some were red and smoking, yelling at the recipient as soon as they broke the seal, some were booby-trapped and would have caused her intense injury if not for her aura and speed, and the vast majority were just letter after letter of angry words accusing her, Weiss Schnee (or White Sneeze as that foul reporter referred to her), of being a harlot and a potioneering scarlet woman!

Not holding any sway here was a humbling experience, she had discovered rather quickly. On Remnant, if anyone so much as thought of slandering the Heiress to the SDC, they found themselves up to the eyeballs in lawsuits before more than a hundred people had seen the paper they'd printed. Here though, every single person in the Wizarding World was told a blatant, bald faced lie, and they believed it without a second thought! The idiocy of these people was awe inspiring!

Weiss absent midedly burnt the next pile of howlers that was dumped on the table in front of her. She got up with a huff, pointedly ignoring the sneers and scowls she was receiving as she stomped out of the castle and onto the grounds, intent on sitting burning every single piece of mail she was going to undoubtedly continue to receive throughout the day.

Weiss was so consumed in her anger, annoyance, and her irritation, that she didn't notice when it started to get colder around her, she didn't notice when the dew on the grass turned to frost, and she didn't realize something was wrong until she started hearing voices.

"You're a disgrace to the Schnee name!" Her father screamed at her, she looked down, not wanting her father to see her cry.

"B-But Father, I-I was o-only-" she tried to protest, only to be interrupted by a punishing smack.

"NO! You were an embarrassment! A Disappointment! You're lucky I don't disown you right this very second!" Her father raged at her as she stood in his office, tears cascading down her face as he berated her. "If you EVER cause any sort of black mark on our name, EVER again, I will disown you and throw you out on the streets, got it?" Her father sneered at her, his eyes narrowed into slits. Weiss kept her eyes down as she replied.

"Yes Father." She replied dutifully.

"Good. Now get out of my sight" he waved his arm towards the door.

Weiss dashed out without a second thought.

Weiss tried to fight the crushing feeling of sadness, anger, and guilt that built up in her system, pulling Myrtenaster as she tried to fight against the hooded monsters that were sucking the happiness and life out of everything near her. She raised her rapier slowly, lethargically, as if trying to move her hand through molasses until she finally managed to point the end of the sword at her opponent, then, without checking what type of Dust was currently loaded in the chamber, she pulled the trigger.

She felt the recoil just as her consciousness faded.

Ruby was walking back from Hagrid's hut when she had heard Weiss scream, which was something Ruby hadn't heard before, causing the girl to immediately try to find her. She ran in the direction she had heard the scream come from as she pulled Crescent Rose and activated her semblance, ignoring the sudden dreary aura that seemed to blanket this portion of the campus as she searched for Weiss.

It didn't take long to find her partner, but Ruby saw something that made her stomach churn in fear as she buried Crescent Rose's blade in the dirt looking down her sweetheart's scope.

Weiss was being attacked by Dementors.

Weiss was being attacked by multiple dementors.