Cold

Tumblr prompt: A and B are preteens, who still feel the magic and wonder of childhood, but are becoming adults. One day, after playing in the snow, they come inside and sit on a fuzzy rug on the floor in front of a cozy fireplace, warming up, their noses and ears and fingers red and stinging

Note: This isn't the full prompt because it was too long and told the entire story. Literally. And this is a short one-shot. But I still hope you enjoy!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

"Evan, my hands huuuurt!" Jonathan complained as he rubbed his hands together. "It's all your fault for suggesting that we go outside," he whined with a happy glint in his eyes.

"Suck it up, Jonathan. That was fun and you know it," Evan said as he rolled his eyes, scooting closer to Jonathan. "Are your hands alright, though?"

"They're tingly and cold, but I think they'll survive," Jonathan said as he pet the carpet.

Evan causally reached over and rest one of his hands on Jonathan's. Jonathan looked up at Evan, who was blushing furiously while looking into the fire. "What? It's my fault we went outside, right? Your hands got cold. Just trying to help." Jonathan grinned and moved up against Evan's side, leaning on it and resting his head on Evan's shoulder.

They continue to look into the fire, listening to the crackling noise coming from it. Everyone once-in-a-while, one of them would steal a glance from the other. When the latter caught it, they both looked away, blushing awkwardly.

"I-" they both started to say. "You go-" they spoke at the same time again. Jonathan laughed awkwardly before motioning for Evan to speak.

"This is kinda awkward, Jonathan, but I like you." Evan said, scratching the back of his neck while looking out the window. Jonathan hugged Evan's arm.

"Like like?" He asked.

"Like like," Evan confirmed.

"Good, cause I like like you, too." They looked at each other for a while, saying nothing. They both started to lean in for their first kisses, both extremely nervous.

"HEY KIDDOS!" A voice shouted from behind, making them jump. It was Jonathan's older brother, Luke, who was taking care of Jonathan at the time. "Am I interrupting anything?" He said, smirking while raising an eyebrow, fully knowing what was going on. Evan's face turned to a bright red as he covered his face in his hands.

"YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT, OH MY GOD. YOU'RE EMBARRASSING." Jonathan shouted at him. Luke just chuckled a bit before walking away, leaving them alone.

Jonathan slowly removed Evan's hands from his face to find Evan looking up at him, face still red. Jonathan caressed Evan's face, giving him a kiss on the nose before kissing him on the lips.