Dare

Tumblr prompt (kinda): "I don't care if it's for a dare. As a concerned fellow human being I want you to get off that frozen pond before I have to drag your stupid ass out of the water with a hockey stick at midnight."

Note: Sorry about the crappy beginning. But I hope you enjoy the one-shot anyways!

Pairing: H2OVanoss

It was a cold winter night in Canada. There was man taking a nice stroll around his home town. His name was Evan, and he was a hockey player. He was walking home from a long day of practice. There was a pond about halfway from his home to the ice rink that he practiced at.

It had frozen over tonight because of how cold it was; it was always frozen over this time of the year. It was usually quiet and peaceful during the night. But tonight, it wasn't as quiet and peaceful.

Evan had stopped to enjoy the view and noticed that there was a man on the side of the pond. He watched as the man tried to inch his way onto the pond. Evan sighed as he knew it was going to end in disaster. "Hey!" He called out. The man looked around before looking at Evan.

"What?" He shouted back.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Getting on the pond."

"Are you crazy? Do you even know how thin that ice is? You'll fall in!"

"I'm doing it for a dare."

Evan stared at the man like he was crazy. He sighed and started to walk down to the pond.

When he got closer, the man was already kinda far from the edge of the pond; to the point where Evan couldn't reach out and grab him. "Come on, you'll get hurt," Evan said, reaching his hand out.

"But I'm doing it for a dare!" The man whined. Evan sighed again.

"I don't care if it's for a dare. As a concerned fellow human being I want you to get off that frozen pond before I have to drag your stupid ass out of the water with a hockey stick at midnight." The man blinked at Evan before sighing.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." He slowly inched his way towards Evan. He nearly slipped a few times, causing Evan to react a bit before realizing that he was fine.

Once the man got in reaching distance of Evan, he slipped again, but this time, Evan caught him. He pulled the man up onto the bank and tried to hand him his jacket since the man looked cold. "But won't you get cold?" The man questioned. Evan shrugged.

"I've been through colder. Plus I live here, so I'm used to it." The man chuckled and gratefully took the jacket.

"Sorry about that. I guess I wasn't thinking right. Plus my friend is an asshole, so..." Evan laughed.

"Well, come on then. I'll take you home." He started walking to his car. The man followed.

"Thanks, uh..." He trailed off.

"Evan." The man smiled at him.

"Evan," he repeated. "Nice to meet ya. I'm Jonathan." Evan smiled back.

"Now, give me your address." Jonathan laughed.

"Wow, stalker much?" Evan rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, I'm trying to be nice. I can just leave you here if I wanted to." Jonathan's eyes widened.

"W-What?! Uh, no thank you, I'd rather not. You know that hotel that's a couple of streets down? I'm staying there." Evan chuckled a bit.

"Ah, so that's why you were acting so stupid and going on the pond. Plus, you looked extremely cold. Only people who aren't natives here are like that during winter." Jonathan rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, Canada boy." Evan grinned.

"So where are you from then, huh?" He asked.

"North Carolina."

"North Carolina? What are you doing all the way up here in Canada?"

"Vacation. I've never been here before, and neither has my friend, so we thought why not? But I think it was a good choice; it's very beautiful up here." Evan hummed in approval.

"It is."

The rest of the car ride was silent. Not in an awkward silence, but in a peaceful silence.

When they got to the hotel, Evan stopped the car. "Well, we're here," Jonathan chuckled.

"I can see that." He started to get out of the car when he stopped and turned to face Evan.

"Hey, can I have your number? I mean, not trying to sound creepy or anything, but you definitely know the place better than I do, so maybe you can show us around? Plus you're really nice and kinda hot, so..." Jonathan said awkwardly, his face heating up. Evan stared at him before smiling and chuckling.

"Y'know, you could at least take me to dinner first," He said as he took out a small piece of a paper and a pen.

"Shut up," Jonathan mumbled. Evan handed the piece of paper to him.

"Here. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked. Jonathan smiled.

"Hopefully," he said, getting out of the car.

He closed the door and Evan started on his way home. Jonathan then went his way into his hotel room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how'd it go?" His friend Luke asked.

"Some guy caught me trying to get on it and got me off." Luke nearly choked on his drink.

"You got caught?!" He exclaimed. Jonathan shrugged.

"Sorta. It wasn't by an authority figure or anything; it was someone who lived here. He was nice and said that he would show us around tomorrow."

"Ooh, was the guy cute?"

Jonathan's face grew a little pink.

"Oh, I bet he was! Oh man, this is great!"

"S-Shut up."

"Don't worry, I'll leave you two alone for your date tomorrow," he winked at Jonathan.

"It's not a date! He was just gonna show us around, that's all."

"Sure..."

"Whatever, asshole. I'm going to bed."

"Night, Jonathan. And don't be havin' some wet dream about your new man or I'm gonna kick you out of the room!"

"Shut up you dick!"