~Chapter 21-Floating~

You felt like you were falling.

The ground under your feet vanishes into thin air and you're left with your eyes rolling the back of your head and you stumble backwards, hitting the ground for it to only disappear.

Your eyes were closed but it felt like you were still awake. You could hold out your hand in front of your eyes and see in perfectly. Your knees were tucked up to your chest but you weren't sitting on any solid ground. You floated in the endless darkness, eyes wide and trembling out of fear.

One second ago, you were standing next to Fresh, now you're lost in a endless abyss and you have no idea how you got there. In felt like someone was playing mind games with you.

Your hair pooled around your face and some strands slightly lifted from your head and hovered in the endless darkness just like you. It was like gravity had been taken away that very moment your eyes closed. But when they opened, it was like a whole new world was being introduced to you. A dull and lifeless one.

Were you dreaming?

You turn your head to look around, only for your eyes to meet more darkness. Opening your mouth to say something, you cut yourself off when the air around you starts to get thin.

At that moment, you realized you were falling once more. Your body unrolls from it's pulled together position as you fall. The black that clouded your vision slowly turns to gray. Gray whirs fly past your eyes and you continue to fall to who knows where. You wanted to scream, but it seemed like you had no voice and it was hard to breathe. Your hands fly to your neck, cheeks starting to burn a bright red as panic starts to kick in.

The gray slowly changes to a bright white, so bright that your squint your eyes. The rushing air going past your ears made you feel deaf in a way. Right before your body hits rock bottom, the bright white is suddenly splattered with a dark red; resembling a large blood splatter. It was like someone has taken a paint brush with red paint of it and just threw it at a white canvass.

When your body hits the bottom, a large crack echoes through the now red gleaming space. You choke out a scream, pain wriggling through your now broken and battered body. Your hands drop to your sides, your vision going blurry before your eyes close once more.

"Hurts doesn't it?"

Your eyes snap back open, only to be greeted by the blackness you saw once before. Only this time, you weren't floating, no, you were being held gingerly. You check your body for any scratches or broken bones but come up empty handed. You felt hopeless and distraught. Where was Fresh?

You look up to the face of the person or thing holding you, your blood running cold and breath hitching. Nightmare gives a chilling smile, his grip on you tightening as soon as he realizes you were going to scream and push him away. He wraps a tentacle over your mouth to keep you quiet. Your eyes flash with fear as his chill smile turns into a hurt one.

"How was that fall? The pain is almost unbearable, right? Heh, well I've got news for you kid. That isn't the last time you'll feel something like that."

You start to tremble and shake at feeling black ooze drip from his melting body and onto yours. Black ooze slid down from the tentacle over your lips, some running down the side of your chin. You started to stick to him from the gross stickiness, tears welling up in your eyes. It felt like the two of you were melting together.

You felt sick and violated in way.

He notices your discomfort, his arms sliding up as you fall out of his grasp. You hit the 'ground', immediately backing away from him with tears spilling from your eyes. Once you get a good ways away from him, you come to a stop. You two were probably a few feet away from each other. Though, you felt like it wasn't enough.

"W-what do you mean?" You force words through your lips, hand reaching up and wiping away the black ooze from your lips and chin.

He tips his head, his one bright blue eyes flashing a couple times. His perfectly white teeth itch into a huge smile at your question.

"You love Fresh?" He suddenly asks.

You glare at him through your tears, jaw clenching and fists shaking. Of course you loved Fresh. He was the only one you cared for. Look at your parents. If you truly cared for them, they would still be alive, but they're both gone now aren't they?

"Yeah... why are you asking?" You hiss slightly.

He puts a black skeletal hand to his chest, pretending to look hurt. You continue to glare at him, your cheeks burning a bright red at your sudden anger. With a shrug of his shoulders, your eyes gleam with slight hate.

"All those colors, that pain you felt; you're going to feel that if you continue to trust him. I'm only here to warm you, missy." He glares back, his teeth straightening into a thin white line.

You continue to glare, not really knowing how to respond to something so random. He tsks, putting a hand to his forehead.

"I'll tell you what all that means since you seem to be stupid enough not to get it," he rolls his eye.

"The darkness represents you before Fresh. You felt dead inside, right? Okay, well, then everything starts getting better when he shows up, am I not correct?That's the gray. Then, you two kiss and confess and everything seems to be great. That's the white, the stage you're in now. Then all of a sudden, you hit rock bottom and pain consumes your body and you're killed. That would be the sudden red splatter. To put in short, Fresh was great in the beginning, but he will kill you eventually."

You put a hand to your chest, clutching the black covered shirt in your palm, biting you cheek so hard it starts to bleed. Blood slips from between your lips and runs down your chin, your body in sudden shock from the news handed to you. Nightmare just chuckles, snapping you out of your panicked filled thoughts and horrific images.

"I usually don't help weak humans out like you, but I don't want anyone dying under Fresh's hand. That is a death no one should have. Plus, I like you kid. Your nightmares are interesting." He gives a smirk.

The blood drains from your face and you're left pale and scared for you life. Fresh couldn't hurt you, right? He is your protector. He said it himself. Fresh is one to lie, sure. But is he hiding the fact that he is eventually going to kill you out of the blue? That just doesn't make sense.

Not yet anyway.

"I'm telling you now, you can't escape him."

"His hold on you is unbreakable. But, for me, just try to be careful, kiddo."