{Epilogue 2} - Quinn's Beginning

A/N: This is it. The end. The last chapter. This is CRAZY! 

-----------------------

--- Quinn's Pov --

I could feel the energy buzzing in the air today. It was the four-year anniversary that the Academy was under new management, however, I was working on my shooting aim.

Many had been critical of the new changes in the system, some actually leaving the Academy, while others just grumbled and huffed about it before going on through the rest of their day. Most of the skepticism stemmed from the fact that the Lee Team was appointed as the Council above the many older, more experienced teams. Many believe that the death of the Board was intentional, and that there is someone sinister running the Academy, who's out to hurt and kill people.

My parents were one of the few to be overjoyed with the change, and the new Council. Well, my adoptive parents. When I turned eighteen last month, my parents decided to break the news that I wasn't their blood daughter by getting me a car. What they didn't realize was that I already knew that I was adopted. I mean, the fact that both of them are clearly of Irish descent with their green eyes and red hair and I have midnight black hair and red lips, it was evidence enough that something didn't match up.

When I joined the Academy, they had only been here for a year, but many of them saw potential in me fast. They zipped me right through the system and into the harder, more enlightening Academy courses.

Lining up my eye in the scope-lens of the gun, I shot the training dummy three times, hitting the target every time. I was in one of the many training rooms for guns we had built underground.

"You really should consider teaching, Q," A man whispered in my ear, making chills run down my back. I twirled around, cocking my gun against the man's chest.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you right now," I growled.

"Sweetheart, you'd miss me too much if you shot me."

I looked up, finding Preston Wright standing at the end of my gun.

"I'd finally have alone time, however," I smirked.

"If I was gone, you'd have no one to boss around."

Preston, much to my regret, was my instructor-turned-team member for the last month now. One of the Council members, Gabriel Coleman, if I remember correctly, demanded that we be on the same team after a training session. In this particular session, I may have bruised Preston's chest... and arm... and dislocated his jaw and nose.

Preston took the gun out of my hand slowly, throwing it aside after putting the safety on.

"There's something going on in the main hall today, so hurry up," he sing-songed, throwing an arm around my shoulder as he pulled me along.

"What do you mean?" I tried to shrug his arm off, but he only returned it to the same spot.

"There's been some whisper that something is going to be happening in the Council."

"Is it another rumor you've heard about the 'Chameleon'?" I asked, skeptically. There had been a rumor ever since the year I joined the Academy that there was this mysterious character of a person who could blend in anywhere, even if the toughest situation. There's also been the rumor that this 'Chameleon' is the Head of the Academy, above the Council, even. Many believe it's a man, as we've never seen the Head of the Academy.

I didn't believe it. If it's even true, it would be a female, definitely.

"No, it has to do with one of the boys. No one will say what's going on, though," He said, trying to keep up with my fast-paced walking.