{ Chapter 37 } - The End of a Journey

A/N: Here it is. Don't be upset just yet, though ;)

------------------

--- Sang's Pov ---

"So is there a plan here?" I asked in a small voice, sandwiched between Elijah and Cody, Asher riding in the third tier seat while Aiden rode in the passenger seat.

Aiden offered to switch with me before we left, but Olivia quickly shot him down, telling him that I should stay back there for now, and rest.

"The plan is to stop at a hotel, sneak you in, and get you washed up," Cody explained, leaning his head back on the seat, his eyes closed.

"Shit," Olivia mumbled. "Hand me my phone, Aiden."

"What happened?" Asher asked from the back.

"Sang's boys decided they want to finish out this whole journey together," she growled, pressing a few buttons before we could hear the ringing of the phone resonating through the car as she put it on speaker phone.

"Olivia," Sean sighed.

"We've got a tail. Do you want me to run them off your tracks for now?" She asked.

"No, just proceed as planned. They'll be confused enough that you're stopping at a hotel with Sang."

She nodded, even though Sean couldn't see it.

"Alright, then," she said, hanging up the phone and throwing it in Aiden's direction as she resumed focusing on the road.

Luckily, we didn't crash before we found a hotel to get me washed up in.

Olivia followed me into the bathroom, helping me get the sticky, blood-covered clothes off my body and she drew me a bath after I told her I wasn't fond of showers.

"I understand. We all have things that bring up past memories for us," she sighed, getting a far-away look in her eye.

She soon shook herself out of whatever she was remembering before she walked out of the bathroom as I sunk into the water.

She must have been digging through her own overnight bag because she came back with a flowery skater dress I'd never seen before.

She folded it and set it on the counter before she began to walk out of the bathroom again. However, she must have thought it through, as she turned back around and came to sit on the side of the bath.

"How are you doing, right now?" She asked softly, grabbing a bottle of complimentary hotel shampoo and pouring it into my hair, lathering it with her fingers.

"Right now? I feel like shit," I sighed, but ended it with a small laugh.

"Why is that?" She whispered, grabbing a washcloth on the rack next to her and the boxed soap, lathering that up, and washing my limbs.

I watched as the clear water turned pink slowly.

It wasn't a pretty pink, either.

"I killed someone today," I whispered.

"Someone that had directly been linked to the death of your mother, and almost the death of you, if your stepmother had her way," Olivia added, rubbing the washcloth over my chest.

"But I still killed a living being," I whispered, looking up at her with wide eyes.

"I don't want to say it, but eventually you get numb to the idea of death. I don't want to see you be numb to it. At least, not yet," She said just as softly, lifting my chin. "So, promise me. Promise me that you won't let this drag you down. Promise me that this won't happen again. Finally, promise me that you'll always stay the innocent Sang you've always been, even when you're faced with other people's issues and opposition."