16

"You guys are being ridiculous." Lacey commented as she watched Ace and Mila run around her room, trying to tidy yet somehow messing everything up even more than it was before. "What are you even trying to accomplish here?" She asked with a small smile.

"Uh!" Mila grunted out in annoyance, standing up straight from her previous crouched-down position. "Isn't it obvious? You're gonna be trapped in here for like a week - we've gotta make it so that it's nice in here for us." Mila smiled.

Lacey's eyebrows shot up at this. "Excuse me? For you?" She asked.

"Yeahh.." Ace drawled, also straightening up, holding a pillow. "Obviously." He added. He groaned out when the questioning look remained on Lacey's face. "We are not leaving you with that McCall pack. Especially not Allislut - she'll murder you." Ace protested, gripping a the pillow.

"Firstly - no. You guys do not need to deal with me when i'm out of control. Secondly - Scott has agreed to help if it's needed." Lacey listed. "And thirdly - I may be out of my mind but there's no way Allison could kill me." Lacey spoke, rolling her eyes slightly.

"But what if she gets her whole family to attack y-" Mila started her rant.

"All the more reason for you guys not to be here!" Lacey interrupted Mila before she could really get going. "Mi - you know I love you and that is the reason I don't want you here. If I hurt you i could never forgive myself, you too, A." Lacey nodded towards Ace.

"Please?" Ace added, whipping out his puppy dog eyes.

"No." Lacey protested.

Ace frowned, deciding to give up on his nicey-nice act. "Pl-" Lacey instantly shook her head. "Lacey, pl-" Lacey interrupted him with an 'ah, ah' to which he growled and threw the pillow at her. "Why are you so stubborn."

"Ace. I have to be stubborn. I'm your alpha - it's my job to protect you and if I just let you do anything you wanted, let's be real here, you'd be dead." Ace began to protest. "Remember your first full moon? You wanted to deal with it yourself. If I had just let you go, you'd probably be killed or at the very least, killed someone.. and I know that's know what you want." Lacey spoke.

"I hate it when you're right." Ace frowned after a few seconds of silence to process her words.

"Agreed." Mila added.

_________________

"Conor?!" Lacey yelled out in panic as she rushed out of her house towards Conor's house. "Conor!" She yelled with more force as she ran closer to his house. "Conor!" She shouted, hitting his door with her blood-stained hands. "Conor! Open this goddamn door! I swear to Go-"

"Jesus Chriiiiist!" Conor shouted in annoyance, opening in the door. "What in the hell do you wan-" Conor cut himself off as his eyes landed on booth the dry blood and wet blood coating Lacey's hands, arms, face, shirt, knees and shoes. "What happened?" He demanded.

"It's- it's my dad.." She stuttered out and Conor nodded sharply. "He- He's.. I wan- I didn't mean to.. It wasn't-" She rambled, having no idea what to say.

"Show me." He demanded.

Lacey nodded and turned on her heel, running back to her house and into the open door, Conor close on her heels. They both ran into the living room, both of their eyes drawn to the bloody mess on the floor, Lacey's dad in the center of the mess.

"I- I don't.." She whispered, running her hands through her hair - not particularly caring if she got blood tangled into her hair.

Conor simply breathed loudly, taking a few slow steps towards the man, his hands shaking as he reached out to touch him before yanking his hand back. His shaking hands and watery eyes disappeared and clenched fists and a hard face returned in their places.