3

Lacey leaned up against Isaac's locker as she waited for him to get his jotters out. Lacey was sure to make sure she had hidden her werewolf scent extra-well this morning as she had spoken to Ace before school so she was sure she didn't want to smell like him.

There had been a few times where she had forgotten to remove her scent and the pack had questioned her on who she had been hanging out with and each time she would simply say that she was on the bus and someone must have rubbed their scent onto her.

Isaac smiled at Lacey and she returned the favour before they both began to walk towards Math. "Isaac?" He looked towards her with a raised eyebrow and she bit onto her bottom lip before glancing away from him. "Doesn't matter.."

They arrived in Math and instantly frowned when they noticed that everyone was lined up against the wall. "Guys! New seating plan, look on the board to see who you will be sitting next to for the next few weeks!"

Lacey glanced around the board, catching her name and heading straight to the seat, frowning when she realised Ace was already sat down in the seat next to hers. Ace may have been a complete idiot as a werewolf but he was a complete genius at math. "You idiot." She muttered as she sat beside him. "Say nothing. They'll be listening." She spoke as she purposely knocked over a tub of pencils so the pack members that were in her class couldn't hear her.

She picked up the pencils with the help of Ace before they both at down and turned to the board, seeing the teacher was writing equations on the board. She glanced to the side to see that Isaac and Scott were sat together. Was this teacher an idiot?

Scott looked to her and raised an eyebrow, silently asking if she was alright next to Ace.

The pack already knew that Ace was a werewolf as Malia had bumped into him on the day of the full moon and he literally growled at her and showed off his yellow eyes like the idiot he was. Lacey nodded towards Scott and he smiled before looking down at his jotter and starting the work.

She felt a sharp elbow jab in her side and glanced to Ace who motioned to a piece of paper with messy writing scrawled across it.

you dont smell like me :(

you smell bad lol

bully

lol true.

Ace smiled at the last comment before scrunching up the ball of paper and shoving it into his pocket before anyone else could read the note. "eres un completo idiota."

"Si."

__________________________________

"Are you going to the dance tonight?" Lacey spun around to see one of the Freshmen looking at her with a smile and she instantly knew that they wanted to ask her to go with them. "Because I'd really love if you went with me." He smiled shyly.

Lacey smiled at his words and was about to accept his offer when an arm was slung lazily over her shoulder and she rolled her eyes, instantly recognising Liam's scent. "Jog on, Jack. She's my date." Liam spoke with a smirk as Jack frowned, giving me one last smile before walking away from us.

"Liam!" I scolded the younger boy, hitting his arm as I watched the poor boy stalk back through the hallway. "He was cute! I was going to say yes." Lacey muttered with a frown as the boy disappeared from her vision.

"No you weren't." He smiled playfully at her and she raised a questioning eyebrow at him. "You've already got a date." He shrugged and snagged a quick kiss on her cheek.

"Aw, you're a such a cutie, puppy." She smiled as she pinched Liam's cheeks. He laughed for a second, allowing her to squeeze his cheeks before he pulled away from her touch. "Aww, pup is embarrassed?" She pouted at him.

"No," He defended, crossing his arms over his chest as she smiled at him, biting down on her bottom lip slightly. She caught Mila's eye who was watching the two from across the room. "I just wanna.." He muttered an excuse but Lacey wasn't listening - she was too busy trying to figure out what Mila meant by the flailing of her arms.

"Liam, i've gotta go.. pick me up at seven?" She asked as she glanced back towards the boy who raised his eyebrows.

"Wait.. for real?" She furrowed her eyebrows at his words and he cleared his throat. "I mean.. yeah, yeah! I'll see you at seven." She smiled brightly at his words, kissing his cheek quickly before speed walking in the direction Mila had walked off in.

Liam watched her, his smile growing as he realised she had actually said yes. Liam liked Lacey, it was pretty hard to notice that he didn't- but he didn't want to mess up their friendship. He knew Isaac had a sorta-thing for her too and few other people in the pack wouldn't particularly mind if she kissed them - including Malia.

"Mila!" Lacey snarled out, growling lowly and Mila instantly stopped in her tracks, turning to face Lacey who's uncommon eyes had revealed themselves. Mila had led Lacey far into the forest to avoid anyone hearing their conversation and Lacey was tired of chasing after the younger girl. "What is going on?"

"We think Derek might have caught on." Mila stuttered out, still staring with both amazement and fear at the older girl's eyes.

"What the hell do you mean he might have caught on?!" Lacey snapped, taking a step towards Mila who held her ground, silently shaking in fear.

"I mean that Erik talked to Peter and apparently they had an argument so Erik trashed Derek's loft as a warning and left our symbol on the wall." Mila shot out, scared that if she talked too slow Lacey would get angry with her.

Lacey had never hurt anyone, in front of Mila at least, aside from one girl who had betrayed their pack so Lacey's eyes never really appeared and she was never angry at anything but now she was and Mila wasn't quite sure on how to react to this.

"Erik?" Lacey growled in annoyance and Mila nodded, fear overtaking her features at the claws growing from the older girl's fingers. Lacey instantly softened as she watched Mila shut her eyes tightly, preparing herself for the worst. "... Okay I guess we'll just have to move the plan on faster," Lacey murmured, stepping down from her fighting stance and letting her brown eyes return as her fangs and claws retracted.

Mila sighed in relief at this and looked towards the girl. "Do you mean that we'll start it tonight?" Mila asked Lacey, watching as the girl breathed out, thinking over her choices.

"I guess it will have to be tonight."