"No, no, you won't be needing your bathing suit today. You won't even be needing to enter the pool," Erik says with a mischievous smile, to which it was my turn to raise my brow at.

"O-kay?" I say, standing up from my bed and following him out the door. We make our way downstairs into the kitchen, and for some reason, Erik stops. I stand there for a few moments, unsure as to why we were in the kitchen, until I noticed a small glass of water, sitting in the middle of the island counter top. Sitting around the counter was Hank, Charles and now, Erik.

"Amelia, as you might have realised, our training has been quite unsuccessful when it comes to controlling water. Hank and I seem to believe that because the pool is filled with quite a lot of water, it is hard for you to control all of it at once. However, if you were to try just a little amount, we think it should work for you. Give it a try," Charles says, so quickly, I wasn't sure I understood a word. After a moment of processing, I test out his theory. I glue my eyes to the glass of water and try to control it as if I were controlling my own limb. For a moment, I swore it moved slightly but I had imagined it, just as I had many other times.

I continued to stare until it became very awkward. Nobody in the room said a word whilst I stood there and I could feel all eyes on me. To break the awkward tension, I sigh loudly.

"Take your time, Amelia, it takes a lot of patience to master an ability," Hank says, and almost rudely, I reply.

"Well I'm not exactly mastering anything. I haven't even learnt learnt the damn thing." I sit down beside the three men with my head in my hands. I then feel a comforting pat on my back, which I assume is Charles, trying to make me feel better.

"You'll learn soon enough, I can promise you that," he says and my head shoots up.

"I know, but it's just so frustrating. I feel like no matter what I try, nothing works. I just wish that. . ." before I could finish the sentence, I stop myself. For a moment, I wished that I was normal. I missed my family, I missed going to school, I missed my home and I missed being able to leave my home. I wished that I was not a mutant, and that scared me. This is who I am, no matter how hard I try to reject this part of me, it is who I am. I shouldn't be ashamed to have a tail or even scared for people to see it. This is me and it does take time to find yourself; to find your power.

Without a word, I stand up suddenly and begin to leave the room, before turning back around and taking the glass of water to with me to my bedroom. When I arrive, I place the glass on my bedside table and get to work. Staring at the glass once more, I try to control it with my hand this time. Embarrassingly, it doesn't work and I blush for the millionth time since I arrived at the mansion. I begin to try multiple different methods. Like Erik had suggested, I choose to try emotions.

I thought of the day I found out I had a tail, and how devastated I was; I thought of my grandmother, and the day that she passed away; I thought about my months in the lab, and how tiring it was; and last of all, I thought of Sebastian Shaw. Unfortunately, none of these thoughts seem to cause movement within the glass of water. Before I grab the glass and throw it out of the window, a thought pops into my head. It was one of the nights Alex and I had spent in the kitchen.

We were sat at the small breakfast table, and we were talking. We weren't talking about anything important, we were laughing about something that Erik had said that day. While we laughed together, I noticed a certain look in his eyes, a look I had never seen before. I wasn't sure if it was because I hadn't spoken to many people before, or because nobody look at anyone like that, but I liked it. It wasn't a look of love or lust, it was a look of happiness and appreciation. For the first time in my life, I felt appreciated.

Suddenly, my thoughts get interrupted by the opening of my bedroom door, which startles me. I drop the full glass of water onto the floor, hearing a loud smash echo throughout the hall, and I turn around, only to come face to face with the boy who had invaded my thoughts only moments before. As I make eye contact with him, I notice his mouth gape open and he rushes towards me, making sure that I am okay. Alex kneels onto the ground to pick up the shards of glass, when he suddenly stands up and takes a few steps back. I look at him strangely and he points to something behind me. When I turn around, I see a ball of clear liquid, floating mid-air.

omg i have so much to say, where do I start??

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR 4.5K READS! It really makes me so happy seeing you guys interested in something that I have done and a character that I have created! I know I haven't uploaded in so long, but I will start because I have so much I want to include now. 

thank you to everyone who has been commenting ideas and their support, it really helped me out loads and now my writers block had been unblocked.

once again, thank you for the votes, comments and 4.5k reads, I appreciate it so so much <3

- a xoxo

(p.s, has anybody been watching macgyver? LUCAS TILL IS SO DAMN HOT IN IT OML HE'S GROWING SO FAST)