summary + disclaimer

after an eventful family vacation to the beach, amelia bennett, age eleven, discovers she is in fact a mutant. she manages to hide it for the next six years until a group of scientists kidnap her for experimentation purposes. after months of endless tests and dissections, amelia gets rescued by two fellow mutants and from then on she meets a group of mutants she will soon call family, maybe even more.

•••

okay so first of all, this fanfiction is inspired by the x-men franchise by marvel and it follows the storyline of the movie 'x-men: first class'. I do not own any characters or plot lines except amelia and her backstory. her mermaid abilities were inspired a little bit by the australian television series 'h2o: just add water'.

I wrote an x-men: first class/ alex summers fanfiction on this account maybe two years ago but deleted it for some reason (I forgot). I decided to write another one due to the fact that I have gotten into the x-men franchise once again and I like to think that my writing has improved, seeing as I am now in high school and much, much older.

i really do hope you enjoy this fan fiction, i plan to work hard on it and not delete it this time. 

- a